This Is Confusing me

falcon68

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
I have

Alienware Aurora (man they suck now)
12Gb Ripjaw memory
1.5 GB 480 GTX (used to have 2 but them being cramped made the top one blow)
850W Power Supply (Worked fine for 2 years with 2 480 GTXs *shrug*)
i7-930 OCed to 3.36ghz
H50 Water Cooler
2x 500 GB Western Digital HD
80GB Intel SSD

So I was playing WoW and using Directx 11 mode and max settings. I played for a couple days no problems.. then all of a sudden the monitor went off (I use my 55'' 1080P tv) I checked and the computer was still on but nothing was showing on the monitor. So I turned off the pc and went back into WoW. Played for about 20 minutes and then it happend again but this time the PC was making a beeping noise every few seconds. They were single beeps. I was thinking maybe an issue with my GPU or PSU. So I figured i'd stress test it. So I ran heaven benchmark for about 15 minutes and watched temps and it ran fine... then I played League of Legends and a couple other games.. no issues. So I ran CHKDSK on my OS drive and found nothing then I ran CHKDSK on my SSD drive that has WoW on it. Still no issues found. I I am really lost... almost bought a new GPU but mine seems to be fine. =/

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
yeah, give them drivers a shot.

i would try to cycle my ram a stick at time in the first slot to see if a single stick is causing boot issues, at rated speed of course. if they all boot fine and dandy, i would run memtest to ensure stability.

falcon68

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
My card supports DX11 too. I checked the fresh install checkbox last time when installing the latest nvidia drivers because I would intermittently get nvidia driver has stopped working and has successfully recovered message. Is it better to do it manually in safe mode?

hmmm never really considered memory as a possibility because I play lots of games but it has only ever happend in WoW.

I suppose it is possible that it is a coincedence that I was playing WoW both times it happend. But I played League of Legends for about 2 1/2 hrs after all this and it ran fine.. not to mention heaven benchmark ran fine.