double click on folder goes to search

The right click dialog menu on a file folder shows search in bold letters at
the top. When I double click to open the folder, it goes to Search, instead
of opening the folder. I have tried all the options in folder options but I
have not been able to reset this option. All file folders behave in this
manner.
3 answers Last reply
More about double click folder search

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:

    Line 18 - right hand side

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "ALGResponse" <ALGResponse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The right click dialog menu on a file folder shows search in bold letters
    > at
    > the top. When I double click to open the folder, it goes to Search,
    > instead
    > of opening the folder. I have tried all the options in folder options but
    > have not been able to reset this option. All file folders behave in this
    > manner.

    Type in Start Run
    regsvr32 /i shell32

    You or a program edited the folder file association.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "ALGResponse" <ALGResponse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:692A04FF-2053-46C3-AFFF-A2BA84C94155@microsoft.com...
    > The right click dialog menu on a file folder shows search in bold letters at
    > the top. When I double click to open the folder, it goes to Search, instead
    > of opening the folder. I have tried all the options in folder options but I
    > have not been able to reset this option. All file folders behave in this
    > manner.

    Thanks David. I was with the same problem, so I did as you advised and my
    computer is now fine.

    "David Candy" wrote:

    > Type in Start Run
    > regsvr32 /i shell32
    >
    > You or a program edited the folder file association.

    > http://www.uscricket.com
    > "ALGResponse" <ALGResponse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:692A04FF-2053-46C3-AFFF-A2BA84C94155@microsoft.com...
    > > The right click dialog menu on a file folder shows search in bold letters at
    > > the top. When I double click to open the folder, it goes to Search, instead
    > > of opening the folder. I have tried all the options in folder options but I
    > > have not been able to reset this option. All file folders behave in this
    > > manner.

Configuration Customization Microsoft Dialog Windows XP