Best graphic card for my motherboard

sunnk

Distinguished
yes esever is right the hd 4670 will work with your mb but the new cards like hd 5xxx or hd 6xxx series will not work good thats why i m telling u to upgrade.dont get me wrong.if i m wrong than correct me cuz i m new and i m still learning.

pit_1209

Distinguished
your mobo will handle that card but i really really recommend you to upgrade that mobo at least with pci express 1.0 that motherboard is too old and that card will not have a good perfomance due to the agp 4x slot

andra98

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
You didn't help me a bit, but thanks. If i wanted to buy a new motherboard i would buy it, i wouldn't ask you for the graphics.

They won't work at all because they are PCIe cards and the OP has an AGP motherboard.

sunnk

Distinguished
@ mousemonkey. i already know that thats why i tell him to upgrade his motherboard.but any ways ur also right that they r an pcie card and will not work with agp mb.:)

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
I would say an 8800 would be your best best. You should fill your ram up (max of 4GB) and go with the best CPU you can for that socket...

No, to hell with that.

You need to rebuild. Sorry.

Just get what you can for what you have now or give it to your kid sister or donate it.

Invest a little here, a little there, and start fresh.

There is an excellent article here on Tom's Hardware for building a budget rig.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i5-overclock-performance-gaming,3097.html

Edit: I was wrong, the 8xxx series doesn't support AGP either. You REALLY need to just rebuild.