How can I modify my registry so that my home computer will boot up without
having to select a user? When I installed Windows XP PRO it required me to
provide at least one user name.

I would recommend checking out TweakUI.exe located here:

Eric Renken
Microsoft Associate Expert.
Expert Zone

"billbarn" <billbarn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I modify my registry so that my home computer will boot up without
> having to select a user? When I installed Windows XP PRO it required me to
> provide at least one user name.

Hi,

To automatically log-on to Windows, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at Start/Run and press enter. Under the "User" tab,
uncheck the box "Users must enter a username...." and hit apply. Supply the username and password under which you want
your computer to Auto-logon everytime and OK your way out.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations