booting without user selection

How can I modify my registry so that my home computer will boot up without
having to select a user? When I installed Windows XP PRO it required me to
provide at least one user name.
2 answers Last reply
More about booting user selection

    I would recommend checking out TweakUI.exe located here:

    Eric Renken
    Microsoft Associate Expert.
    Expert Zone

    "billbarn" <billbarn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I modify my registry so that my home computer will boot up without
    > having to select a user? When I installed Windows XP PRO it required me to
    > provide at least one user name.

    Hi,

    To automatically log-on to Windows, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at Start/Run and press enter. Under the "User" tab,
    uncheck the box "Users must enter a username...." and hit apply. Supply the username and password under which you want
    your computer to Auto-logon everytime and OK your way out.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations