Status
Not open for further replies.

NishanP

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
I was looking at the 1gb hd6770 and it seemed to be pretty good. I had a 9800gt before but it got bad memory and failed on me I'm running with my on board card right now which can't even run league of legends (which is a big difference from running at 60fps on max with my 9800).

I found this card online and I figured it had the highest rating out of all the 6770s on there so I assumed it was the best. The Asus one had a 3 year warranty so I'm wondering what the difference is?

Lastly, I had problems with my 9800gt regarding cooling. Even after cleaning it out I was still getting some pretty high temperatures. I heard that that was a problem with the card for a lot of people but I wasn't sure. Do you think I will have the same problem with this card?

Thanks ahead of time for your help You guys have helped me a TON before.

ALSO sorry for reposting this it got buried and I'm in a big rush :(

Solution
make sure your case has good airflow. move away anything between the card and incoming airflow. good cable management ensure good airflow within the case.
make sure other components are also running cool.
asus (direct cu 2), his (iceq turbo), msi (twin frozr ii, iii, cyclone), gigabyte (windforce), xfx (double d) have some good coolers.
the higher the warranty, the better chance you'll have replacing the card if it gets damaged. but the damage should be similar to the conditions stated in the warranty agreement.
make sure your case has good airflow. move away anything between the card and incoming airflow. good cable management ensure good airflow within the case.
make sure other components are also running cool.
asus (direct cu 2), his (iceq turbo), msi (twin frozr ii, iii, cyclone), gigabyte (windforce), xfx (double d) have some good coolers.
the higher the warranty, the better chance you'll have replacing the card if it gets damaged. but the damage should be similar to the conditions stated in the warranty agreement.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS