Panasonic DMC-FX8 in US market?

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 9, 2005 2:19:34 PM

have been considering the purchase of a Panasonic DMC-FX7 as a pocket
companion to my beloved Panasonic FZ5. However it fares poorly with
battery consumption and overall speed. I have recently seen notices of
a new DMC-FX8. It seems to have improved on all the major weaknesses of
the FX7, but is only being released outside the US at this time.

I am new to the Digital camera game and am unfamiliar with recent
marketing strategies. Based on Pansonic's previous marketing tactics
(or even any good reliable rumors), is it likely that Panasonic will
release this updated version in the US market? I don't really want to
play the gray market game with a nearly $500 item.

Thanks, TR
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:17:20 AM

Panasonic will not sell fx8 in the US market, i don't know why.

i am from china and i've been looking forward to buy it.come on soon
baby!

!