HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB
SSD: Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2
GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
PSU: CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 (CMPSU-850HX) 850W
Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB)
Mobo: Asus P9X79 Pro
CPU: Intel i7-3930k
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler

Anyway as you can see above I forgot to Order a CD/DVD drive and a wireless adapter. They are ordered now and will arrive in the next day or 2 hopefully.

Anyway I have mounted the cpu/thermal paste cooler ram GPU PSU connected the 2 HDDs wired in all the fans and mobo power etc..

I cant progress further until I grab a disk drive, in the mean time I need to figure out this problem I am having. The Mobo has a Digital "screen" mounted on the bottom left corner that will display codes called Q codes. I am getting the Q code A2 which reads as "IDE Detect".

Not sure what it exactly means and not sure how to fix it. I have read a few threads here with people having similar issues but no clear answer on what the fix was. Sooo...Help?

CrossStealth

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
I have not installed any software or drivers/updates as of yet. I am waiting for my disk drive to arrive. I have never set up an SSD yet so Ill check out the manual referring to ahci, thanks for the tip.

But is the IDE detect a problem? Or is it a standard code that should appear and stay on the screen?

Tyrathect

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
This sounds stupid, but I had exactly the same issue, and what I discovered was that I had connected a VGA cable to my monitor, and the monitor doesn't auto-switch sources.

The computer was in the BIOS screen, but I couldn't see it. Maybe you have something similar?

TRENDING THREADS