6950 crysis and skyrim major stuter! (ready to pay is issue is solved)

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Here is my build:
Amd 1090t 3.2 ghz @ 3.5v (The stock voltage was 4.5v!)
1tb samsung @ 7200 RPM
8gb kingston ram @1333 mhz?
Hd 6950 asus graphics card
Air cooling thermal take silver arrow 2

When I play a game for example skyrim, or crysis and I look around with the camera or go into a new area the game jitters! bad! Once I have looked around my frame rate is like up to 60fps on crysis max settings or even skyrim max settings and the jitter stops (yes I have tried both games on the lowest settings but same problem presists.)

I need major help in this issue I'm ready to pay if someone can help me through skype or even on here aslong as my issue is solved!

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
First off, I assume that is a typo, but if not, you are killing your CPU if you are able to run it at that high a voltage, max is 1.475.

Both of those games stream textures from the HDD, so that is likely where you should start focusing.
When was the last time you did a defragmentation of the HDD?
Are all (chipset) drivers up to date and correctly installed?

Seeing as it is an ASUS graphics card you have, did you by chance install and use the GamerOSD? If yes, try and uninstall that, it is known to cause stuttering when panning the camera.

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
the gamer osd is installed but I never use it and yes that was a typo Im actually running the processor at 1.35.

all the drivers seem to be up to date and Ill try uninstalling the gamer osd

Thank you very much for the reply! I will actually pay if this issue is resolved :D

Pay to who? In this forum the help is free! :hello:

Could you download HWmonitor and check the temperatures when the jittering starts?

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011

I wholeheartedly disagree with you. If he is trying to run the game at max settings with 8x AA then he may be running out of VRAM, especially if he has high resolution texture packages installed. Skyrim uses 1.2-1.5 GB of VRAM on my system and I am not using any high resolution texture packages, just running with Ultra settings.

Spoony

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
tell you this now skyrim will only run at 60fps max, i have 3 x 6970 2gb cards and i only hit 60fps and never been under or over it but still max is 60fps. its a game issue so dont stress on that side.

as for your problems what drivers are you using and each time you instal them do you install the AMD profile aswell ?

also DONT install ati tray tool or msi afterburn or anything else of that nature they will do naughty things during game play. last of all what anti virus do you have installed ?

turn off motion blur. and agree, i had troubles playing above 1024x768 until I got a card with more than 1gig of ram. other than that you have stuff running in the back ground and it shouldn't be. turn off all apps/auto updates-instant messaging-malware apps.

nicholasmg77

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

Are you sure you don't have v-sync turned on in CCC? Because having Skyrim run only at 60fps for that system is ridiculous and 60 is what most monitors I know of refresh at.

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011

I thought it was 1GB and I believe they patched it so now 4GB can be used.

Spoony

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
i wish it was my system STILL wont do more than 2 and STILL only does it with 1 card and the eyefinity patch sucks balls aswell menu's are big as hell and just insane, so i use widescreen gaming forums patch to adjust it and also im now running HD modes and other stuff for improved graphics makes a big difference but still not right and is doing my nut in for such an EPIC game :(

i hear a patch is int he works but its still in progress for me its not coming sooner,

I am maxing skyrim out with GTX 560 Ti 1GB @ 1080p. He said he it didn't work with lowest setting. VRAM IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE!

Spoony

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
i wasnt saying it was the VRAM as the issue, nobody did was was stating past issues with the game that are no resolved and STILL max problems for gamers today unless worked around.

the issues for me would be that its a problem with the drivers most of all or settings are too high for hardware

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011

I missed the part where he said he tried the game on the lowest settings and still had the issue, my apologizes.

OP - what are your temps at during the stuttering? I think drivers may be an issue here but I have little to no experience with AMD drivers so take the advice of the others when it comes to the proper drivers.

this is pretty much normal for any game to jitter a bit when loading new data. You look around, data gets loaded, and once it's loaded the jittering goes away. It's normal. An SSD will speed things up, but there isnt really anything else you can do.

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Hey everyone! ok its gone! it seems like the drivers I installed of the cd had a bug so I uninstalled my device and reinstalled it and now I have some old drivers but the jitter is gone! now one problem remains I am getting low fps at high settings where as I used to have a really good frame rate but it stuttered quite allot! I mean a hell of allot!

and is 60fps not good? but it looks sooooooo smooooooth I have an acer 23 inch monitor full hd with response of like 5 ms and I have an asus radeon 6950...

supmag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
its a 1gb card also is it worth flashing mine to a 6970 equvalant?

and thank you soooooooooooo much for every ones replies really appreciate it :D

Spoony

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
it wont flash to a 6970 as there is NO version of bios to support it due to being only 1GB as ALL 6970 cards or 2GB.

sorry buddy.

only advice on that score is get another card for crossfire if a driver update doesnt work