Cannot change or reset anymore trashcan icons

For some reason I cannot change anymore the trashcan icons (empty and full).
Even if I go to desktop properties->desktop->customize desktop and change or
reset trashcan icons, the icon does not change. A refresh cannot help. The
problem is that the trashcan icon is currently not the standard one, but
simply a folder icon. Any idea what can I do? Maybe by regedit....

--
Dario de Judicibus
www.dejudicibus.it

    Change your icon size in Display - Apperaance - Advanced, then change it back.

    http://www.uscricket.com

    David Candy wrote:
    > Change your icon size in Display - Apperaance - Advanced, then change
    > it back.

    I tried. It does NOT work. But what's really strange is that if I open the
    advanced properties of desktop, I can see the icons I wish for empty and
    filled trashcan. Whatever change I apply to those icons, properties
    correctly show them BUT... on the desktop the icon remain the same: a folder
    icon. However that folder is REALLY the trashcan folder: I can see deleted
    files, empty the trashcan, do all operations I can do with a trashcan.
    However I canno change the icon ON DESKTOP by using advanced properties. I
    lookat at occurrences of 645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E in registry:
    they contains the path to the icon I wish, but again this is not visible on
    the desktop. So the problem IS the desktop: where it takes that icon from?

    DdJ

    I found the problem: in

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\DefaultIcon]

    I had set only Empty and Fill, but not the predefined value.

    DdJ

Configuration Desktops Customization Icons Windows XP