Status
Not open for further replies.

qw123454321

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Hey guys, I have a problem. In this spring, I gonna build a new computer. And I have decided to buy either HD 6950 2gb or GTX 560ti 2gb. And finally, I decided to grab a HD6950 because it is a little bit greater and both cards cost a similar price in my country. However, my friend told me that the AMD driver has some problems and AMD card is not really good at running games, so he told me to buy a 560ti. I don't know should I trust my friend and choose NVIDIA or just ignore him and choose AMD. And I hope the card have future-proof. I build this computer for playing GTA4,5 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

Solution
Your friend has either had bad luck or is repeating something he has heard or seen on the net.
Either way its not true both camps have had issues from time to time.
Most driver issues come from the people using the cards and installing the drivers incorrectly.
I once read a quote that is very true in this scenario.

The main problem with graphics drivers 99% of the time is between the chair and the keyboard (The person sitting there)

Mactronix :)

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008

AMD/ATI drivers are fine, dont worry about it. i have had 3 AMD/ATI Cards since 2008 (4870, 5850 and now 6950@6970) and i have not had any problems with the drivers.

Your friend has either had bad luck or is repeating something he has heard or seen on the net.
Either way its not true both camps have had issues from time to time.
Most driver issues come from the people using the cards and installing the drivers incorrectly.
I once read a quote that is very true in this scenario.

The main problem with graphics drivers 99% of the time is between the chair and the keyboard (The person sitting there)

Mactronix :)

Solution

amd955be5670

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
The only significant performnce difference in 6950 and 560ti I've seen is that 560ti is the champion in Lost Planet 2, and its got 32x CSAA which if you use, looks great and is worth all the fps drops in the world!

Lets put it another way, Nvidia's got CUDA and PhysX
I know people say PhysX doesn't matter, and all, but the games that offer PhysX do look great with PhysX enabled, now people are going to claim this is not true.

In the end unless you like nvidia, you can go get the cheaper one,
and a 6950 crossfire > 560ti sli (if you plan for later)

The 6950 can unlock to a 6970.

qw123454321

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012

I've heard something about CUDA. Is it important for running games, and what role does CUDA play to a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.