Sign in with
Your question

First build question and problems

Last response: in Components
July 4, 2012 4:23:09 PM

Hello all,
Just finished my first ever built and I have a couple of questions, if you would so kind to answer.

First, I have an Antec eleven hundred, the top fan is a 200mm fan. This is where the problem comes, the case came with a 8Molex PCB board in which you can plug in up to 4 fans, so I did, it runs on high and makes a rattling sound, I'm assuming since it's so big and it's a 200mm and there is no way to change the speed it always run on high, will connecting it to the mobo and changing the speed to medium fix it?

Question two, I installed all the drivers and Windows update but in device manager, I'm stilling missing a driver "Unknown Device". Is there a program that detects and stills drivers?

This question might sound pretty dumb, it's a PSU question, if I have a 750 W PSU but my built only uses 500W, will I only use the 500W necessary to run the built? I have a Corsair Enthusiast 750W supply.

Cooler master question, I'm currently using a Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus and my temps are in the Mid 30c and sometimes breaking 40 when in 60-75% load (stock) is that decent or should be worried, based on previous google searches it's decent, this cooler it's waayyy overrated.

Ready for more questions?

I'm kinda new to the new Bios but am I running on AHCI on all my drives? I need them to, as I have an SSD.

If you actually stuck this long and willing, I owe you a internet muffin :D 
a b ) Power supply
July 4, 2012 5:52:07 PM

1--it shouldnt rattle even on high--if its got the correct connector 3 or 4 pin not molex you can connect to motherboard

2--you should have got a driver disc with your motherboard

3--it will only draw the power it needs

4--temps are good

5--all drives are on ahci
m
l
!