Cam_Durack

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
I am playing BF3 on Low settings and it is still stuttering, it happens on all of the other settings as well. My specs are CPU = AMD FX-4100, Motherboard = Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P, GPU = HIS IceQX 6950 2GB, 8 GB of G.Skill RAM 1333, Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM.

Here is a video on what is happening. It looks worse than this when I am recording but not by much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO99nqPaTsM&feature=youtu.be

I am wondering what is wrong with my computer.

Thanks, Cameron.

Have you update all the drivers?

Try:
Overclock your CPU to at least 4.0Ghz, for guides, look out at youtube, the FX series are meant to be overclocked, which means that if you don't overclock it, it will have some bottlenecks.

Go into options turn mouse sensitivity down to 25%

Turn Raw mouse input to ON

Turn solider look sensitivity all the way up to max!

From overclockers.com

Cam_Durack

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

Can I overclock my CPU with the motherboard that I have, if I can how do I do it? Thanks for your input!

*Edit* I also still have the stock cooler.

Did it solve the problem (without overclocking)? Now I give you advice, when you have stock cooler check out the temperatures first when using CPU burn-in test like prime95, and if it goes up to 70C, DON'T overclock your CPU, upgrade your cooler first.

I have found an overclocking tutorial with identical processor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-5OTdwMbX4

Note that the uploader uses noctua cooler instead of stock, so don't go too far like him, Base clock 225 and Multiplier 19x at most I think. Also, do CPU stability test after overclocking the CPU.

Cam_Durack

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

I already have but that was with an i7 and a 6950 and they disable hyper threading in the bios and that would fix it and they said it did.

Cam_Durack

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011

My PSU is a 750w Huntkey and I am running @ 1920 x 1080