Prevent loggin on

Lindy

How can a prevent a teenager from logging on our computer? I have tried
changing her password, but she goes in and changes it again. I do not want
her on the computer when I am not at home, and she is defying me.

Frustrated!

zulu

Take the rotor arm out... ;-)

"Lindy" <Lindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can a prevent a teenager from logging on our computer? I have tried
> changing her password, but she goes in and changes it again. I do not
> want
> her on the computer when I am not at home, and she is defying me.
>
> Frustrated!

Go into Bios and put a password in there to prevent the machine even booting
to windows,then also put a password in bios to prevent anybody accessing the
bios in order to make changes.
That what i did and now only i can get it to start cos it needs the bios
password before it will load windows

Brian Clegg wrote:
> Go into Bios and put a password in there to prevent the machine even booting
> to windows,then also put a password in bios to prevent anybody accessing the
> bios in order to make changes.
> That what i did and now only i can get it to start cos it needs the bios
> password before it will load windows

Try this to limit the hours eligible for log on.
http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_security_tips412.html

DarkKnight

bios passwords are not the best, they are simple to get around. it's
just a matter of removing the side panel from the PC and resetting the
bios, the whole process can be done in under 60 seconds.
Just use windows logon passwords if you are using windows XP and NTFS
also gives you extra security as you can encrypt folders