Solved

$730 budget gaming build

I have most of my parts figured out but i might need some help on some of the parts
Here is my build so far
INTEL CORE I5 2500K PROCCESOR-$180 @microcenter
GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 REV2.0-$35 @microcenter $50 dollars off
GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB DDR3-1333MHz-$37 @newegg
EVGA GTX 560TI OR AMD RADEON 7850 $225/$260 @newegg
SEAGATE 500GB HDD 7200RPM SATA6.0GB/S-$75 @newegg
LITEON DVD BURNER-$15 @newegg
CORSAIR CX600V2 6OOW PSU-$70 @newegg
COOLERMASTER HAF 912-$60 @newegg
I will mostly do web browsing and gaming with this build, it is mainly for BF3 I am also looking to do a slight overclock in the future. I WILL NOT BE DOING CROSSFIRE OR SLI
I would like to know if this PSU is good enough and if i should save money and go for the GTX 560 ti instead of the AMD Radeon 7850.
Do not include monitor OS keyboard and mouse
Total 560ti- $682 with combos
Total 7850- $712 with combos
I did not add the rebates but they total up to be $55

If you have any comments on any of the other parts feel free to leave a reply
Thanks
BUDGET: $730 and i will buy this in a month or so.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about budget gaming build
  1. Best answer
    Whoa. Just wanna say that your timing and build are almost exactly the same as the one I'm going to build. Yes, the PSU is good enough (BECAUSE I ASKED THAT EXACT SAME QUESTION!! XD ). I'm personally waiting until the 7850 comes out (although I'll buy anyway in a month), since the worst that could happen is that prices stay the same. I would expect some prices to fall.... it depends. From what I gathered, the fps difference was negligent, but AMD has shown to be better for Radeon (go to the GPU forum and look at GTX560ti vs 6870, there's a bunch of info about Radeon vs GTX). Other than that, everything looks good :) . I just thought it was really cool that you had almost exactly the same build as the one I was building, and we were going to buy at the same time. Wait with me!

EDIT: I am assuming you mean waiting for the 1GB version of the Radeon 7850. Because the 2GB version is out:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006662&isNodeId=1&Description=7850&x=0&y=0
  2. ZThat's cool. Thanks for alerting me that there might be a 1gb version of the 7850 because I will definitely consider that to save some money. Also where are you getting your CPU and motherboard from because there is a great deal at microcenter where you get $50 off of any z68 motherboard with the i5 2500k. I will definitely wait a little for Kepler to release and see if the prices drop. Good luck with your build!
  3. Best answer selected by Battoot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product