Blurry display....catalyst it's making me nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm1126

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Hello,
Sometimes, when I start win7 (64bits), my screen gets blurred. The solution that I found was: open catalyst, image adjustements and click "default". That makes the screen looks perfect (it shows a black screen for one second after bringing the image again).
I have to do this, everytime I start windows. Also a couple of fullscreen DX9 games mess this up.
Any thoughts?

My specs:
HD6870, catalyst 11.12, monitor: samsung 2033 conected via VGA, windows 7 64bits.

Solution
Next time that your screen is blurred, don't go to CCC yet, try to use the auto-adjustment from your Monitor's menu, if it works, it may be just your monitor's problem. (Since CCC will force recalibration after applying an Analogue output setting)

If it happens a lot, I am sorry to say that this problem is what analogue users have to deal with. (I used having an VGA monitor with an card that were always out of sync and I had to always use auto-adjustment.)

To fix this problem permanently, see if your screen supports digital inputs (Like DVI-I and HDMI), and change for an digital cable.

Hope it helps! :)

P.S. Be SURE that your screen supports DVI-I, not DVI-A. DVI-A Is still analogue and is similar to its VGA counterpart.

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Next time that your screen is blurred, don't go to CCC yet, try to use the auto-adjustment from your Monitor's menu, if it works, it may be just your monitor's problem. (Since CCC will force recalibration after applying an Analogue output setting)

If it happens a lot, I am sorry to say that this problem is what analogue users have to deal with. (I used having an VGA monitor with an card that were always out of sync and I had to always use auto-adjustment.)

To fix this problem permanently, see if your screen supports digital inputs (Like DVI-I and HDMI), and change for an digital cable.

Hope it helps! :)

P.S. Be SURE that your screen supports DVI-I, not DVI-A. DVI-A Is still analogue and is similar to its VGA counterpart.

Solution

tm1126

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Yeah, that's right...
Since a couple of days that the screen is not blurred.
In CCC/My VGA displays/Image Adjustments, I clicked on "defaults".
After that I closed CCC, used the auto-adjustment and...voilá...problem solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS