Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

A few quick Eyefinity questions..

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 15, 2012 3:47:03 PM

hey guys..i have an old monitor lying around i was thinking about adding to my system and using eyefinity.

1. since there would only be 2 monitors in my setup, i would not be gaming because of the bezel in the middle of the screen. is it possible to only play games with the higher res monitor, while on the other can surf the web, listen to music etc., while eyefinity is enabled?
2. i have a radeon HD 6770. if i ran a game on one monitor, would the web-surfing/music changing on the other monitor cause a major hit to the FPS while gaming?
3. ive heard all of this HOOEY about a DisplayPort or something, and that my monitors would need one of those ports. i dont even know what that thing even is. can someone explain the hardware requirements, mainly GPU output requirements and monitor input requirements for eyefinity?

Answers and responses of any kind are appreciated, and thank you in advance.


Unbumped!
Don't...
Bump posts
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

More about : quick eyefinity questions

Best solution

January 15, 2012 9:17:50 PM

aperis said:
is it possible to only play games with the higher res monitor, while on the other can surf the web, listen to music etc., while eyefinity is enabled?

In extended desktop mode yes. Keep in mind that some games like WoW lock multi-monitors and the only way to do it is windowed mode, which is a pretty major performance hit.

Quote:
would the web-surfing/music changing on the other monitor cause a major hit to the FPS while gaming?

Not if you're running in full screen.

Quote:
can someone explain the hardware requirements, mainly GPU output requirements and monitor input requirements for eyefinity?

This only applies to 3+ monitors. For 2 monitors you can use DVI. If at some point you decide to add a 3rd monitor you will need a DP adapter. The VGA>DP is typically regarded as the most affordable and reliable option.
Share
a b C Monitor
January 15, 2012 9:39:29 PM

As a4mula has stated you can use them in an extended desktop you will not even have to worry about Eyefinity which is for 3 or more monitors.
Score
0
Related resources
January 15, 2012 9:48:32 PM

Best answer selected by aperis.
Score
0
January 15, 2012 9:48:51 PM

thanks to both of you. this cleared thing up a lot
Score
0
!