Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help with achieving 120hz on my monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 15, 2012 3:57:09 PM

I couldn't really find a specific category to put this thread in, and for some reason it wouldn't let me leave sub-category to "none" but i felt this would be adequate.

I plan to buy the BenQ XL2410T gaming monitor because i was looking for a monitor with 120 hz, 2ms response and around 24+ inches, but after looking at some unboxing's and the specifications of it i was stumped. The monitor supports 120hz refresh rate, yet the only ports it comes with are a dual link dvi and an hdmi?? I was under the impression that neither of those can utilize 120hz correctly? I'm planning to buy a 7970 and it has an hdmi and (mini i believe) display port.

I like to keep things simple in my set ups, which means i tend to stay away from adapters as the connections could be altered in such events, I.E. 120hz needing to be downgraded to 60 hz. BUT, if anyone can tell me how i would achieve TRUE 120hz with this monitor i'd be very gracious, even if adapters are needed.

Another small note, i don't care for the 3d support on this benQ, it's not hurting me having it, so if anyone else can suggest a monitor with the following, for cheaper, i'd be grateful. [The XL2410T is around 420-450$]
120hz
2ms response time
around 24 inch screen

http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/xl2410t/specificatio...

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2012 4:32:25 PM

Dual link DVI supports 120MHz. You may have to adjust your graphics card settings to 120MHz. My Samsung 2233RZ works fine on the HD 4870 - I just had to use its dual link DVI port and use Catalyst Control Center to set the monitor to 120MHz.
January 24, 2012 10:57:31 PM

Best answer selected by Treyvon.
m
l
!