search error

when i go to start->search->for files & folder .
it give me error like your program has link to sa.windows.com
so do you want to connect internet?
if i connect it then it shows me search companion
but i don't
then
it gives me error like "A file that is required to run search
companion cannot be found. you may need to run setup."
and after that search companion opens only blank only dog was there no
options for search.
so can you help me and plz send me the solution to
mehtainfotech@yahoo.com
thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about search error

    Hi

    Please try here:

    "Why doesn't Search work?"

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "chetanmehta" <mehtainfotech@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > when i go to start->search->for files & folder .
    > it give me error like your program has link to sa.windows.com
    > so do you want to connect internet?
    > if i connect it then it shows me search companion
    > but i don't
    > then
    > it gives me error like "A file that is required to run search
    > companion cannot be found. you may need to run setup."
    > and after that search companion opens only blank only dog was there no
    > options for search.
    > so can you help me and plz send me the solution to
    > mehtainfotech@yahoo.com
    > thanks

Configuration Connection Customization Windows XP