Will FX-8120 bottleneck HD 6850 Crossfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
Ok I am a bit nervous because I am thinking about getting 6850 crossfire but People keep saying that my 8120 will completely bottleneck the gpu by 30%-50%

I am making this thread to hopfully get an answer from someone who is not just going to say the 2500k is soooo much better... if you can please give me a ligit answer that will help me.

I just built this computer 1 week ago and im hoping I can crossfire without having to take it apart and rebuid it... I personally don't understand how a 8 core 3.1 ghz cpu can atcually bottlneck a 6850 crossfire.

Thank you for you time! :)

Solution

GTA V will still be running on Xbox 360 and PS3, and from the sounds of it, your system is pretty good. You should be fine.

Let's hope they port it better than with GTA IV. That was a nightmare.
So long as the games work well with crossfire it will be fine. Beware that crossfire can make you angry when things don't work right. If you already have one 6850 then its worth a try, but if your buying 2 off the bat, then dont bother, just get a faster single card.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012

GTA V will still be running on Xbox 360 and PS3, and from the sounds of it, your system is pretty good. You should be fine.

Let's hope they port it better than with GTA IV. That was a nightmare.

Solution

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
thank you finally some one whos not a complete INTEL fanboy

but yes if you go into windows mode with dirt3 there is not option for fullscreen

oh and best of all :D the only way to play online is you have to make a xbox live account and you have to have gold on that account

I mean it's freaking ridiculous :p

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
Upgrading to an Ivy Bridge would be expensive as you would also need a new motherboard that is LGA1155 socket.

I am hoping to upgrade from a Phenom II x4 965 to PileDriver when it arrives. Hopefully AMD will get peoples respect with the new architecture.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
Not much is known right now, sorry. Its supposedly going to fix Bulldozers architectural issues.

I'd wait for Piledriver before going to i5 though. AMD could produce an amazing chip, we'll have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.