Budget GPU Replacement for Integrated GeForce 750. 2008 Mobo

julielou2

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2003
Good evening board

Another newb here so apologies in advance.

Will purchase an Ivybridge PC in April/May but need to bling up my old 2005 desktop up on a shoestring so that I can play World of Warcraft until April/May, since my gaming Laptop broke :cry: . I'm used to FPS of 5-15 at the moment so anything will be an improvement.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: within the next day or two BUDGET RANGE: GBP £30-35 (approx USD $45-50)

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming but just WoW and EverquestII - I'm not an FPS girl, Internet Surfing.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Currently using the integrated grapics chip on motherboard - GeForce 7050, the powersupply is well oh dear, I failed. :( I opened up the case and have looked from 3 sides but can't see anything as the PSU is in a cage and would need dismounting from the cage thing and taking out of the cage. I've looked at the original specs of my PC and Mesh the manufacturers put in a 450W PSU - if this has been replaced over time then it's not going to be for a PSU of more than 500W. Sorry for being vague - I've a memory like a sieve.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: The PC is a Mesh Matrix 64 BPC which has an Athlon 64 3500+ processor, the original motherboard was replaced with an AS Rock motherboard model number 939N68PV-GLAN. Currently I have 1Gb of RAM but am buying another 2 sticks tonight which will take the total up to 3Gb. I know that my motherboard has a PCI-E slot free in which to house the GPU card.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (e.g.: Amazon.co.uk, ebuyer.co.uk, Maplin.co.uk, Dabs.co.uk, - anywhere which sells graphics cards over the internet in the UK and are not pirates!

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: United Kingdom

PARTS PREFERENCES: Don't mind - anything that is cheap, will work and will improve my current PC's graphical performce (FPS)

OVERCLOCKING: Rather not

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No thank you

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1024x768, 1280x1024

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Jules

striker410

Distinguished