Recommendations for Reliable Cingular Phone in Detroit area?

Last response: in Network Providers
July 17, 2005 3:19:25 AM

I'm only a few months into a 2-yr Cingular contract and I've had it with
my service while using my Motorola V400 phone. Dropped calls, failed
calls, calls where nobody can hear anybody else, etc. I've gone through
many rounds with Customer Service to no avail (they tell me I'm in
"great coverage areas" in Canton, Dearborn, Livonia, etc., I replaced
the phone under warranty, got a new SIM card, even changed to a "new"
plan to fix my poor service).

I'm trying to avoid a costly contract cancellation fee, so I'm
contemplating buying a new phone. Any recommendations? I prefer a flip
phone (or anything that's not a candy bar), a camera (megapixel would
be great), and I don't mind spending a few bucks if I get something
that works. I don't know whether to blame Cingular service or my model
phone. I've had nothing but Motorola cell phones over the years (a
StarTac, T720, and now my V400) and I'm not sure if Motorola is my
problem or not. I'd appreciate any recommendations, especially from
anyone in the Detroit area with similar experience. Thanks!

P.S. I am contemplating breaking my contract and switching to Verizon.
I just went to the store today and fell in love with the LG VX8100.

--
jenjen
July 18, 2005 2:47:30 PM

All I can tell you is that I too have taken a liking to the VX8100.
I'm a big clamshell fan, and this one has all the feature I want/need.
Good luck with your situation.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:11:43 PM

The VX8100 is a Verizon (CDMA) phone and wouldn't work with Cingular
(GSM), I thought. Am I mistaken?

--
jenjen
July 19, 2005 4:52:44 PM

You are correct. The VX8100 is currently a Verizon phone and does not
yet support Cingular. I saw where you said you were thinking of
breaking your existing contract.
!