Sign in with
Your question

Ceton Cable Tuner Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 15, 2012 8:43:07 PM

I am wanting to build a HTPC that can replace my DVR's and have been reading about the Ceton Card.

Here are my questions: Can i run 3 or possibly 4 tv's off of this card?? All off of HDMI from video cards on the computer??

The product claims ou can watch or record 4 programs at once but then says to watch on 4 tv's you will need to use a media extender like a xbox 360. Is it possible to just run HDMI's directly from my TV's to my PC and run these??

Any help on this would be Greatly Appreciated.
February 22, 2012 4:38:37 AM

eh1159 said:
I am wanting to build a HTPC that can replace my DVR's and have been reading about the Ceton Card.

Here are my questions: Can i run 3 or possibly 4 tv's off of this card?? All off of HDMI from video cards on the computer??

The product claims ou can watch or record 4 programs at once but then says to watch on 4 tv's you will need to use a media extender like a xbox 360. Is it possible to just run HDMI's directly from my TV's to my PC and run these??

Any help on this would be Greatly Appreciated.

Not sure you've found answer anywhere, but here is my thought on this:

The problem would be control. Sure you could output to 4 different tv's using 4 different outputs running 4 different programs to send the output to specific TVs. How are you going to change the channel though?

The solution is to have a low end Win7 computer or Xbox on the TVs. You just need decent enough video output to have a decent viewing experience. You can allocate a tuner to each TV, but you lose that tuner on the host computer. With the 'box' on each tv you do gain the ability to stream media from the web to each tv as well.

The Ceton InfiniTV 4 also just dropped to $199.

But if you'd have to build computers for say 3 tvs then you're looking at an additional $600~700.
$1,000 setup fee to get going basically.
m
l
!