Why does this 6970 cost $579

Yargnit

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Because it's a 6970, not a 6990 or 7970? No other 6970 is over $400, and most are in the $360 range.

I can't see anything about it warranting a 7970 like price either. Maybe a misprint? lol

danraies

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

Because they're not likely to get it. Because in high school I learned that economics tells us that when you're charging $200 more than your competitors for basically the same product then you're probably not going to sell anything. If we get to ignore those facts then I've got a really great GT 430 that I'd like to sell for $350. I'll even put a special edition sticker on it and pay the shipping myself.

larkspur

Distinguished
Jeeze guys - look at all the red and black trimmed swag it comes with! There is even a screwdriver with different bits! Obviously worth every penny.

No, but seriously, it's a special edition with a bunch of extras. It also appears to have a factory overclock setting and some nifty voltage monitoring pins for people who like to measure their card's voltage with a meter. My guess is that the card has a robust power design allowing very high voltage tweaks.