Help with Dell Inispiron 580 Graphic Card

G

Hey all I have brought a Pre built computer from DELL (Inispiron 580) and I was wandering If I could upgrade my Graphic card so I can play Skyrim in High graphic Settings.

Below are some information about my computer

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: I mostly use my computer for gaming (Counter Strike Source) being my main game at the moment, but I want to play Skyrim in Full quality setting. I cant play the game even in low setting due to lags.....

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: ATI Radeon HD 5450, 300 Watt Power Supply (Dell pre-built it)

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz, MoBo: DELL INC (033FF6) , Memory: 8192MB RAM (DDR3)

PARTS PREFERENCES: Im not to sure about the components.....

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1680x1050

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I asked on another forum and someone recommend me to buy a 6970 XFX or Sapphire version. I just went in to look inside my computer and I dont think that graphic card will fit in.... because of the RAM slots are too close.

gregcky

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
You might have some problems with that PSU, but i know Dell PSU's are usually pretty good. You should be able to fit a 6850 in that case.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
If you don't want to upgrade your PSU, the most powerful card you can get is a Radeon 6770. If you can upgrade the PSU to a good quality 450W unit, then you can get a Radeon 6850, which will let you play Skyrim on High.