Sign in with
Your question

Computer turns off unwanted

Last response: in Components
July 5, 2012 2:02:41 PM

Hello,
Hello, as i donot know what is failing i am not entirely sure what to call it so i will just list the problems

my first problem that happens most often is for no reason the moniter just shuts off like it loses power, and then turns itself back on

my second problem which also happens somewhat frequently is that my computer seems to lose all power and turn itself off no matter what i am doing, then it turns itself on like i had told it to do a restart

it also turns off the telephone plugged into the same curcuit but i have recently replaced that because i though that might be the problem

is it the power supply or something else do you know?

a b ) Power supply
July 5, 2012 4:28:29 PM

It sounds like you may be overloading that particular circuit by having all those devices running at the same time. Try moving one of your devices to a different circuit and see if the problem persists, I'd say start with the phone. Maybe move the monitor to a different circuit if possible. Since this problem is happening to multiple devices, I doubt it is a PSU issue. If the problem still persists after removing some devices from that circuit, I'd contact an electrician, there maybe a problem with your home's electrical system.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 5, 2012 5:58:51 PM

the wifi and Ethernet ports...and monitor and hard drive are all part of windows power saving. there are settings in windows and your bios on when monitors will turn off or go to sleep. the same for the Ethernet and modem ports. if you dont want your pc to sleep just turn that stuff off. if the pc loses full power check that the fans are working on the cpu and the pc not dust bound.and use a program called open hardware monitor to log the power supply voltages. if the 12v rail drops to low the pc will turn off.
m
l
!