Keep the CPU fan running for at least 3minutes after shutdown?

Tom_05

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I bought a HP compaq nx9110 laptop with an Intel Pentium 4 CPU inside from a friend and over the past weeks i have realized that the computer gets even hotter after shutdown because the fan stops when the computer shuts down. Is it possible to keep the fans running for at least 3 minutes after shutdown? My CPU gets around 80C while running and i feel the case get even hotter when i shut down.

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
It shouldn't, as soon as the power it cut the heat sink should clear out any left over heat pretty quickly

Also 80c is really a bit too high unless thats under extreme load.
Clean your heat sink/fan ? get a better one ?
Unless your bios has some options for keeping the fan alive, id say your out of luck on that one.

Tom_05

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
My friend had that laptop for about 5 years and im sure he has not cleaned it or taken it to the repair shop at all. I want to get it serviced but i haven't found the time. Ill check the bios later for some options.

Tom_05

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Checked the bios for any options but no luck. However my laptop does keep the usb power on for 5 minutes after power down. Maybe i can use the 5v usb ports to power the fans inside the computer.