Sign in with
Your question

No Video, Blinking Red Light on New Build

Last response: in Systems
March 21, 2012 8:55:59 PM

After setting up the new parts and turning the computer on, I received no video and a red blinking light. My setup is as follows:

Mobo:
ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

PSU:
APEVIA ATX-CW500WP4 500W ATX Power Supply

Memory:
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

I have a video card as well, however, I have removed it to see if anything would happen, but unfortunately, it does not do anything.

I have switched the Memory to PNY - Optima 4GB PC3-10666 DDR3 DIMM Desktop Memory, but this came up with the same results.

Is the Mobo bad? The Processor? The Memory?

I am completely new at this and thought all these components would work together, but I can't seem to figure out what is going on.
March 21, 2012 9:04:43 PM

I have done the CMOS clear, removed the battery, used a different power supply, and yet, it still sits on this blinking red light.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 21, 2012 9:17:26 PM

highty2oo2 said:
I have done the CMOS clear, removed the battery, used a different power supply, and yet, it still sits on this blinking red light.

There have been issues with this board. With all that you've done in the way of troubleshooting, it might be time to consider a RMA. If all the components are new you should be covered. "Bad" processors are really not that common, damaged sockets (bent pins) are though, so I'd check them first. Also check for a Mobo short (extra standoffs, junk under or laying on the board etc). Wish you luck. :) 
m
l
!