Just built a new PC. Intermittent electronic buzzing from speakers

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
July 5, 2012 3:54:58 PM

First off let me list this specs of my computer. They are:

CPU [4] Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard [5] ASRock H61M/U3S3 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory [6] Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Hard Drive [7] Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card [8] XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB Video Card
Case [9] Antec One Illusion ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply [10] Antec 550W ATX12V Power Supply

In addition my wireless adapter that I am using is, Rosewill RNX-N150PCe (RNWD-11011) IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCIe 2.0 Wireless Adapter.

The problem is basically whenever I am watching a video or playing music from either the internet, iTunes, VLC, etc randomly. It sounds like the sound in this video at the 28 second mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n3 [...] r_embedded this isn't my computer just an example, I found on youtube.I am beyond frustrated with this because I have literally tried everything. I've updated all of my drivers, updated the bios, uninstalled drivers and reinstalled using driversweeper. I read that the sata configuration had to be AHCI so i changed it to that in the BIOS. I also saw it could be the wireless card interfering with the speakers but I don't think its that. I moved the speaker cable away from the wireless card and it still does it. When it freezes the CPU usage spikes up to 100% and goes back. I'm beginning to think my parts could be faulty or I don't have enough power. What does reddit think? Honestly any help would be great. I also ran Memtest overnight and it passed all 8 times it went through so it is definitively not RAM.

Edit: Video link is broken here's the working one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n3Esc6d9N4&feature=play...
a c 142 à CPUs
July 5, 2012 5:35:30 PM

This is not a power problem. Interference/noise like you are experiencing is usually one of a couple of things, radio frequency interference (like from cell phones/blackberries) or poor grounding.

Also, this is likely no a wireless adapter issue.

So, do you have a cell phone anywhere near the system when you are operating? If so, move it.

Did you install the ATX (I/O) plate (little aluminum plate mounted to your case) when you installed the motherboard? If not, you should.

Are you plugged into a properly grounded electrical outlet?

Have you tried different speakers?

Jus a few things to consider. Please clarify.
m
l
July 5, 2012 5:42:38 PM

COLGeek said:
This is not a power problem. Interference/noise like you are experiencing is usually one of a couple of things, radio frequency interference (like from cell phones/blackberries) or poor grounding.

Also, this is likely no a wireless adapter issue.

So, do you have a cell phone anywhere near the system when you are operating? If so, move it.

Did you install the ATX (I/O) plate (little aluminum plate mounted to your case) when you installed the motherboard? If not, you should.

Are you plugged into a properly grounded electrical outlet?

Have you tried different speakers?

Jus a few things to consider. Please clarify.

Thank you for the reply. I will answer your questions as you listed them.

1. I do have a cell phone put it is on the desk the farthest away from the computer.
2. I installed the ATX (I/O) plate properly.
3. I am grounded correctly and I am using a surge protector.
4. I have used the speakers my monitor came with via HDMI instead of the USB speakers and it still made the noise.

Does that help narrow it down at all?
m
l
Related resources
a c 142 à CPUs
July 5, 2012 5:45:18 PM

So, this happens (regularly) with both your HDMI and on-board audio adapter? Is that correct?
m
l
July 5, 2012 5:51:03 PM

COLGeek said:
So, this happens (regularly) with both your HDMI and on-board audio adapter? Is that correct?

Yes it does.
m
l
!