Microsoft launches (totally lame) mobile video service

What an idea! Launch a downloadable mobile video service of news,
cooking and gardening broadcasts in special format that can only be
played on a special player and only charge $240 per year. Wow!

http://wireless.itworld.com/4268/050330msvideo/page_1.html

Microsoft launches mobile video download service

Microsoft Corp. has launched a video download service that offers daily
television programming, entertainment clips and other digital content
for viewing on Windows Mobile-based devices, it said Wednesday.
The MSN Video Downloads service draws on content from Microsoft
partners such as CinemaNow Inc., MSNBC.com and TiVo Inc., allowing
subscribers to watch video on their smart phones, Pocket PCs and
Portable Media Centers.

The service was previewed in January at the International Consumer
Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, showing how users can download
specially formatted content to their PCs and then transfer it to
devices running Windows Mobile software. For the final launch the
service has been updated to allow subscribers to select specific
content to be downloaded each day, Microsoft said. Users can also turn
on an automatic deleting feature that vets files according to how long
they have been stored on their PCs, it said.

The software maker has lined up numerous content partners to make video
available online and optimized for Windows Mobile-based devices to
strengthen the appeal of its mobile software. The Food Network, the DIY
Network, Home & Garden Television, Fox Sports and MTV Networks Music
are just some of the content providers on hand.

In addition to smart phones and Pocket PCs based on Windows Mobile, a
handful of manufactures have signed up to make Portable Media Center
devices using the Redmond, Washington, company's mobile software.
Creative Labs Inc., for instance, launched its Zen Portable Media
Center last year, targeting users who like to view video, music and
pictures on the go. Microsoft's new download service is aimed at users
of devices like the Zen.

The service is currently being offered only in the U.S. Premium
memberships are priced at US$19.95 for one year, allowing access to
every MSN video download. It requires Windows XP and Internet Explorer
5 or higher on the user's PC and Windows Media Player 10 and up.
Additionally, some content is available for free, Microsoft said.

Blig Merk wrote:

> What an idea! Launch a downloadable mobile video service of news,
> cooking and gardening broadcasts

Yeah, who wants to watch sports broadcasts (Fox Sports) or music videos (MTV
Networks) on their smartphone? I guess you'd be on board if they had a chess
channel.

> in special format that can only be
> played on a special player

The "special player" being any of the millions of devices running Windows
Mobile.

> and only charge $240 per year.

"Premium memberships are priced at US$19.95 for one year, allowing access to
every MSN video download."

$19.95 = $240? Another classic example of Bligmerk math. That's a keeper.
You need to stop huffing airplane glue before posting.

Geez Bilgecunt, I thought the PSP would distract you from trolling for at
least a month or two. No such luck.

-Z-

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What an idea! Launch a downloadable mobile video service of news,
> cooking and gardening broadcasts in special format that can only be
> played on a special player and only charge $240 per year. Wow!

April fool, bilgefake.

Zackman wrote:

> > and only charge $240 per year.
>
> "Premium memberships are priced at US$19.95 for one year, allowing
access to
> every MSN video download."
>
> $19.95 = $240? Another classic example of Bligmerk math. That's a
keeper.
> You need to stop huffing airplane glue before posting.

That is $19.95 PER MONTH FOR ONE YEAR, nitwit. 20 x 12 = 240. You
continue to prove what a total twit you are. I know you didn't like all
those rides on the short bus but you really need to go back and finish
that elementary arithmetic class you failed in your senior year.

theone

Zackman wrote:
> Blig Merk wrote:
>

>>What an idea! Launch a downloadable mobile video service of news,
>>cooking and gardening broadcasts
>

> Yeah, who wants to watch sports broadcasts (Fox Sports) or music videos (MTV
> Networks) on their smartphone? I guess you'd be on board if they had a chess
> channel.
>

>>in special format that can only be
>>played on a special player
>

> The "special player" being any of the millions of devices running Windows
> Mobile.
>

>>and only charge $240 per year.
>

> "Premium memberships are priced at US$19.95 for one year, allowing access to
> every MSN video download."
>
> $19.95 = $240? Another classic example of Bligmerk math. That's a keeper.
> You need to stop huffing airplane glue before posting.
>
> Geez Bilgecunt, I thought the PSP would distract you from trolling for at
> least a month or two. No such luck.
>
> -Z-

lol @ "bilgecunt"

skippy

On 30 Mar 2005 17:32:04 -0800, "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>What an idea! Launch a downloadable mobile video service of news,
>cooking and gardening broadcasts in special format that can only be
>played on a special player and only charge $240 per year. Wow!
>
>http://wireless.itworld.com/4268/050330msvideo/page_1.html
>
>The service is currently being offered only in the U.S. Premium
>memberships are priced at US$19.95 for one year, allowing access to
>every MSN video download. It requires Windows XP and Internet Explorer
>5 or higher on the user's PC and Windows Media Player 10 and up.
>Additionally, some content is available for free, Microsoft said.

The article says 19.95 for one YEAR not per month at that rate it
would be an ok deal