Auto update won't run

Hi

I'm using Windows XP and since installing the new SP2, the auto updates
feature won't automatically obtain and install updates.

Instead, it loads the Windows Update website, but stops at that point.

In the Security Centre, I've got auto updates set to ON, and the mode set to
Automatic (auto download and install), but it's just not working.

Anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thanks
Sam
1 answer Last reply
More about auto update

    "Sam" <sorry--no-email@ihatespam.com> wrote in message news:<hllbd.24840$5O5.5121@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm using Windows XP and since installing the new SP2, the auto updates
    > feature won't automatically obtain and install updates.
    >
    > Instead, it loads the Windows Update website, but stops at that point.
    >
    > In the Security Centre, I've got auto updates set to ON, and the mode set to
    > Automatic (auto download and install), but it's just not working.
    >
    > Anyone know how I can fix this problem?
    >
    > Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sam

    try re-install windows

    www.alexander-schmidt.de