Auto update won't run

October 14, 2004 6:17:49 AM

Hi

I'm using Windows XP and since installing the new SP2, the auto updates
feature won't automatically obtain and install updates.

Instead, it loads the Windows Update website, but stops at that point.

In the Security Centre, I've got auto updates set to ON, and the mode set to
Automatic (auto download and install), but it's just not working.

Anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thanks
Sam

More about : auto update run

Anonymous
October 14, 2004 7:40:56 AM

"Sam" <sorry--no-email@ihatespam.com> wrote in message news:<hllbd.24840$5O5.5121@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> Hi
>
> I'm using Windows XP and since installing the new SP2, the auto updates
> feature won't automatically obtain and install updates.
>
> Instead, it loads the Windows Update website, but stops at that point.
>
> In the Security Centre, I've got auto updates set to ON, and the mode set to
> Automatic (auto download and install), but it's just not working.
>
> Anyone know how I can fix this problem?
>
> Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Sam

try re-install windows

www.alexander-schmidt.de