Cant get my wireless connection it a msi U130

G

My wife's msi u130 has the same problem, after hours of fiddling I discovered that windows is switching the 'radio' off. Why, I don't know and its very annoying as it does it often. To switch the 'radio' back on you need to go into the configuration window for your wireless network (right click wireless network strength indicator on bottom right of screen, click open network and sharing centre click change adapter settings, right click WLAN icon click properties, click configure, click advanced, scroll down to radio, change box on right to enable, click ok) Then check that work off line isn't ticked (file tab)
Hope this helps
peter

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Can you see or connect to other wireless networks?

Do you know if your wireless network is broadcasting the SSID or if it is filtering computers trying to connect by its physical MAC addresses?

naseeruc

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012

Hi try this one

be carefull because it need attention

To enable/disable WLAN, please press "Fn+F11" to execute the device: (then follow below steps accordingly)
Note: there are four stages in all, assumingly both bluetooth and wifi are installed.

First stage : press Fn+F11 = Enable WLAN only

Now refresh to find connections

Second stage : press Fn+F11 = Bluetooth On + WLAN Off
Third stage press : Fn+F11 = Bluetooth On + WLAN On
Fourth stage press : Fn+F11 = Bluetooth Off + WLAN Off

After enabling the WLAN, search the Access Point and connect with it. Now, you may use the WLAN.