Can I use a found phone?

Last response: in Technologies
March 7, 2005 3:47:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

Hi - I found a Motorola t731C on the Subway. The owner has disconnected the
service. I can't figure out how else to identify the owner, so...can I use
this phone with another carier (it has a Telus sticker on the front)? Can I
use it with Telus under another account?

Thanks.

johnnycocoNO_SPAM@hotmail.com

remove NO_SPAM

More about : found phone

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 1:48:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 00:47:50 -0500, "jimijames"
<wunderdog_NO_SPAM@rogers.com> wrote:

>Hi - I found a Motorola t731C on the Subway. The owner has disconnected the
>service. I can't figure out how else to identify the owner, so...can I use
>this phone with another carier (it has a Telus sticker on the front)? Can I
>use it with Telus under another account?
>
>Thanks.
>
>johnnycocoNO_SPAM@hotmail.com
>
>remove NO_SPAM

Think seriously about handing it in to the local police office, why
was the phone 'lost' - perhaps it belonged to the victim of a crime,
and the 'perps' threw the phone away because it was a link to the
crime if ever they were caught? Now, if you sign on with it........
just a thought, if you hand it in and it's unclaimed then perhaps you
then have a right to keep it?

Please reply to the newsgroup - it's not my email address in the header!!
April 4, 2005 9:18:08 PM

jimijames Wrote:
> Hi - I found a Motorola t731C on the Subway. The owner has disconnected
> the
> service. I can't figure out how else to identify the owner, so...can I
> use
> this phone with another carier (it has a Telus sticker on the front)?
> Can I
> use it with Telus under another account?
>
> Thanks.
>
> johnnycocoNO_SPAM@hotmail.com
>
> remove NO_SPAM

Hmmmmm, i always thought that you couldn't use a found phone unless you
worked something out with the carrier. But i guess if it's just
disconnected then u can just reconnect. I don't know if you can use it
with a different carrier, but you can use it under another account with
Telus. Hope this helps some.

--
Captain
November 10, 2008 8:30:07 PM

If other service is available for using mobile by another user without owner permission than you can use that.