No video through my GTX 560ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyjr2

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
I got a new graphics card, and got it all hooked up. But when I try to run the DVI-VGA adapter through it and into my monitor, it doesn't seem to show any picture on the screen. I don't even think the monitor recognizes that there is an input. The fans speed up, the drivers installed, and it shows that it is connected to my PC and running, so it is not the card. What else could be the problem? My only solution at this point is to use my old card until I can get the new one to work. Any solutions?

anthonyjr2

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
both of them.?

Well, for some reason each connector had two molex connectors on the other end, but there were only two free ones from my power supply, so I only was able to hook one into each. So it is necessary to hook up all 4? I didn't think it was possible to have that many free connectors.

anthonyjr2

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
it's got 2 of them..
trust me on that..
http://www.corsair.com/builder-series-cx600-v2-80plus-certified-power-supply.html

Alright, but one more thing. Would it be smarter for me to get a higher wattage PSU, such as 700+? Since this card requires 500 and with 600 if I ever wanted to upgrade even further I wouldn't be able to. Or do you think I won't need more than 600 for newer components?

Status
Not open for further replies.