Which will be better?

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
I am looking at upgrading my whole rig and was going to wait for after market 7970`s but as they are quite expencive i was looking at two 6850`s,flashing the bios to get two 6870 and put them in Crossfire. Now at the moment i am running two 4870`s in crossfire,both 1gig. I have been told that the scailing with the 4870`s is not very good but with the 6xxx it is better,i would like to know if this is the case. Also with the 7xxx the scailing is better still,so is it worth getting the 6xxx or wait for the 7xxx mid range cards and get those in Crossfire. To be honest i know nothing about scailing at all so this is why i am turning to you guys. I will be running on a 27" 120htz 1900x1080 3D monitor so does that have to be taken into consideration as well. Sorry for the multiple questions.
Any help would be much appriciated

I don't think it's better to go straight to a crossfire configuration, because sometimes that wouldn't work well. If you are looking at a mid-range card (6850 crossfire), which is about $300, I'd say you can wait for the 7870, which I think will be around in March in $300, it will have less hassle than 6850 Crossfire. But, if you can't wait, I'd say buy a 6950 then Crossfire it when you've the cash. Because you will experience from single cards better than crossfire.