A few questions, building after a few years.

ciberfog

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
Ok thanks for looking.

Have been passing many years since my last build, it was a opteron OCed to 3.5 on watercooling! lol long time ago, since then i was using alienware and mac.

My last alienware is a m11x with a 335m and dual core :( so yeah i need a upgrade lol.

So what i need: CPU, MOBO, RAM, PSU, HD, GPU
Budget is from 750 to 900 max
Will use in a 24inch 3d screen at 1920x1080
And will use mainly for multitasking (like 30 webpages at the same time + photoshop + video/music) and some 3d playing (skyrim, Tera online most likely, batman or resident evil 5)
I have an account and a very good experience with newegg so better from there.
I dont really plan in do OC any time soon, i hate the loud fan noise, and my budget is to low to think in adding watercooling at the moment.

After some reading i see the best cpu (price/good) is the i5 2500k

About the mobo i dont have any idea about the new chips

Ram im pretty sure 6 or 8gb will be enought for me

HD 500gb is enought just need the hd for system, i have 5tb in external drives.

GPU is my main doutb: 560gtx 448, 570gtx or 7850. I readed many reviews and are very similar, the 7850 is faster and at good price, but what about using it in a intel (mobo/cpu) system? will work better with an amd system, or just stick with a 560/570.
I will want to use nvidia 3d vision, so that should be my answer? i want to hear some opinions about it.

Will be buying in 1 month or something like that.
Thanks for read.

g-unit1111

Titan
GPU is my main doutb: 560gtx 448, 570gtx or 7850. I readed many reviews and are very similar, the 7850 is faster and at good price, but what about using it in a intel (mobo/cpu) system? will work better with an amd system, or just stick with a 560/570.

No - GPUs are not CPU specific - the only way a Radeon would work better in an AMD system is that AMD has a set of instructions called "AMD Vision" that enable the CPU to communicate with the graphics lanes faster but you won't notice a slight, if at all performance difference. I use a Radeon 5800 in my Intel i3-based system and it works just fine. Go with the 7850 - it performs far better than the 560 and is based on newer architecture.

About the mobo i dont have any idea about the new chips

I'm extremely iffy on Ivy Bridge - any Z68 or P67 motherboard will support it. But it won't offer much of a performace difference - something like 10% between the i5-3770K and the i5-2500K.

TRENDING THREADS