DEH_HAMBURGLAR

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Well i have my computer working and after about 5 months i feel that i need to upgrade
I currently have
12GB corsair vengence
1.5TB WD Black Caviar
AMD FX 4100
MSI GTX 560 ti Hawk Twin FRozr III
Corsair 650tx psu
ASUS sabertooth 990fx
Coolermaster hyper 212 evo
all inside my Coolermaster HAF 912

#1 after some research I couldn't really find a real answer about if SLI is worth it.
#2 SLI means a new psu
#3 Im going for the AMD fx 8120 since thats the best $ for performace cpu in the series
#4 to achieve total efficiency on my cpu should i go for the H80 hydro series watr coolers from corsair?
#5 if i were to go forward with these it would be around $600 and im sure some one out there has an opinion although this computer will be handed down to my brother so this does matter a lot
+after a few weeks into the ivy bridge from intel and pildriver from amd cpus come out ill build a computer around that

Solution
1.) Buy a single powerfull card
2.) If you want to overclock is better a biger PSU
3.) good option AMD fx 8120
4.) Coolermaster EVO is verry good the water cooling in my opinion is a myth. I don't know if some water cooling systems can beat Noctua in performance and quietness.( just those custom made)
5.) If you build your own PC in short time don't worth to invest to much in this one.
O good improvement is if you buy a minimum 60GB SSD for OS and some aplications for a quick booth time.
1.) Buy a single powerfull card
2.) If you want to overclock is better a biger PSU
3.) good option AMD fx 8120
4.) Coolermaster EVO is verry good the water cooling in my opinion is a myth. I don't know if some water cooling systems can beat Noctua in performance and quietness.( just those custom made)
5.) If you build your own PC in short time don't worth to invest to much in this one.
O good improvement is if you buy a minimum 60GB SSD for OS and some aplications for a quick booth time.

Solution

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

Generally it's not, but since you already have a GTX 560Ti and the Nvidia 6xx series is due soon, you might be able to grab a nice cheap bargin on a GTX 560Ti. Otherwise, the only viable upgrade really is sinking some money into a new 7970 or Nvidia equivalent.

Yes, it would. 750w would be recommended. However moving to a 7970 would be perfectly fine on your current CPU.

Probably not worth sinking even more into a AMD CPU build. Get yourself over to Intel SandyBridge/IvyBridge if your going to swap out your CPU.

Unnecessary expense. Much cheaper coolers that are just as effective. Hyper 212 for example.

----

SSD might be a worthwhile consideration?