FlameMLK

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Solution

How the rankings go:
1. Asus
2. Gigabyte
3. ASRock

ASRock was originally spun off from Asus in 2002 in order to compete with companies like Foxconn for the commodity OEM market. Since then, ASRock has also gained momentum in the DIY sector and plans for moving the company upstream began in 2007 following a successful IPO on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.[1]

ASRock has garnered a reputation for good value (cost/performance) from tech websites,[2] including awards and recommendations for an array of products.[3][4]

ASRock sold eight million motherboards in 2011, compared with ECS and MSI who...
I would pick Gigabyte for this one.

Reasons?

The Extreme 4 on the Z77 generation is the Extreme 3 of the Z68 generation. Essentially a average board, not the all star the Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 was.

But, I do own the Z68X-UD3H-B3 and the Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3, all I can say is I like ASRock's Bios better :)

I actually had the same descisions here when I purchased my i7-2600K combo at Microcenter.

It was between an Asus P8Z68-V/Gen 3 or the ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3. I picked the ASRock board because it offered everything the P8Z68-V PRO/Gen 3 offered for a much cheaper price.

How the rankings go:
1. Asus
2. Gigabyte
3. ASRock

ASRock was originally spun off from Asus in 2002 in order to compete with companies like Foxconn for the commodity OEM market. Since then, ASRock has also gained momentum in the DIY sector and plans for moving the company upstream began in 2007 following a successful IPO on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.[1]

ASRock has garnered a reputation for good value (cost/performance) from tech websites,[2] including awards and recommendations for an array of products.[3][4]

ASRock sold eight million motherboards in 2011, compared with ECS and MSI who sold seven million apiece.The figures, which are quoted over on DigiTimes, put ASRock in third place behind Asustek and Gigabyte. This is a significant improvement over the company's showing in 2009, with 2010's figures pushing ASRock ahead of both MSI and ECS. This has recently placed ASRock as a top tier motherboard manufacture.

ASRock is currently owned by Pegatron Corporation.

Solution
Well change of plans get the Gigabyte i just remembered there are certain Asrock boards made flawed and that is one of them The only negative I have for this motherboard is that it slips outside of typical ATX specifications. It’s 3cm thinner than a standard ATX motherboard and as a result may lack secure mounting on the far side since this isn’t a common size, which also means you should be very careful when plugging in the 24-pin ATX motherboard power – as the motherboard may flex. here my legit source read last page http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/asrock_z77_extreme4_review,1.html P.S.On a side note IMO it's still a very solid mobo but because of that flaw i wouldn't buy it but i have quite a few friends that have that mobo and none regret buying it but they confirmed to me they had that problem when installing the board i would label the mobo as a buyer beware but still all around best bang for buck mobo.