Can someone help me choose a Zalman case?

nygtrjh1000

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Hi thanks to fantastik250 for getting me over here from another sub-forum, where I was getting no love. :cry:

I have two computers, one has an ASUS P5Q, the other an ASUS P6T. Both are ATX, and both processors are: Intel core2 duo i7 960 3.20 GHz. One MB has 24 GB RAM, the other 12 GB. Both have multiple IDE and SATA 500 GB HDs, and both have 850w PSUs.

I am looking to replace the standard cases I have (fans = yuck) with quiet, no-fan cases, so I have no noise. I was looking quickly at the Zalman site, and although I haven't looked at all of the cases, the couple I looked at all have fans. Do all of them have fans, and use liquid cooling as an additional cooling method, or are there cases with liquid cooling only? I guess a mid-tower case will be fine; that is what I have now.

And the cases don't have to be Zalman cases per ce; I have heard good things about the Zalman cases, so I figured I would start there. But I am open to other companies if there are better cases out there.

fantastik250 said:
Also, a question you should be concerned with is whether you want to liquid cool your components or air-cool (fans). There are silent fans you can purchase.

I would like to liquid cool and have no fans, if possible. As for the silent fans, I purchased one from Best Buy a year ago, but it wasn't really silent; it was barely silent than the fan I already have. No, it was not a Rocketfish fan. So, I guess I am a little leary of "silent fans".

Thank you!

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

your question is a hard one because all the good cases these days do have fans,the water cooling option is generally just for the cpu cooling(or gpu)the rest of the system generally does need some cooling or the heat can build up in the case,you can use quiet fans and place your pc under your desk so the sound does not bother you,here is a nice zalman case you may like

http://www.zalman.com/eng/product/Product_Read.asp