Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get an AMD radeon card (not sure which one, maybe the new HD 7970.

I'm looking if there is a solution for closed-loop liquid cooling (like this for my CPU - the Intel RTS2011LC)

I seem to remember *almost* finding one once, but it was a dual system with a heatsink for both the CPU and GPU combined and I'd rather get separate ones.

I absolutely don't want those cooling solutions with a reservoir where one has to add water and stuff. A friend has one and it is more trouble than his fish tank.

Solution
Currently their are none.The only ones in existence are the ones they use with the GTX580.GPU waterblocks are special because they have to be custom fit for each GPU.Unlike a CPU waterblock where it's pretty much universal depending on the socket type.

Your best bet would be to wait a couple months once the aftermarket cooler for the 7970 come out.Maybe some company is planning on doing a closed loop cooler for the 7970.

You could try posting this in the Watercooling thread and see if you get better results.

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
There won't be "any" Liquid Cooling that are separate for the GPU and the CPU since it would require 2 radiators and it would consume a extraordinary amount of power. (Think like running 2 fridges inside a computer)

So almost any Liquid Cooling solutions have the GPU and the CPU using the same water transfer tube.

Hope it helps! :)

Currently their are none.The only ones in existence are the ones they use with the GTX580.GPU waterblocks are special because they have to be custom fit for each GPU.Unlike a CPU waterblock where it's pretty much universal depending on the socket type.

Your best bet would be to wait a couple months once the aftermarket cooler for the 7970 come out.Maybe some company is planning on doing a closed loop cooler for the 7970.

You could try posting this in the Watercooling thread and see if you get better results.

Solution

That's puzzling. My Intel cooling thing doesn't seem to be using *that* much power. And my case has space for another radiator, so I was hoping...

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Wait wait wait, I don't think that we were talking about the same kind of radiators, there must've been a misunderstanding. I was talking about the radiators that actually "Cooled the liquid" under the room temperature, but you are maby talking about the radiators that just has a fan on it.

The Cooling Radiators are extremely costly and consumes a lot of power (~400W) They are the radiators that are found in a fridge or an air conditioner. They are mainly used for 4x CrossFire Setups, Dual-CPU Setups + OC, servers or extreme environments .

The Fan Radiators are cheaper but perform well compared to Air Cooling Solutions. And consume a lot less power (~50W)

So judging of the one that you currently have, it is the Fan Radiator Type.

Then yes, you can have 2 separate, one for the GPU and one for the CPU, sorry for the misunderstanding. :/

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
bloc 97 is thinking phase change cooling, not water cooling....

Water cooling is when you use water in a system of radiators... Similar to what a car uses....

Phase change cooling is like a Air conditioner/Refrigerator. You have a condenser, ompressor and a radiator, in closed loop phase change system...

The poster is talking about water cooling....

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Oh, and I have the ultimate air cooled setup:
I took off the side panel on my case, and then basically mounted my case in front of an Air conditioner unit that is about a foot off the floor, with the open side facing the A/C units air outlet...... and for even more flow I sandwhiched a box fan between the A/C and the case, that way theres more flow and the A/C unit's cold air is more evenly distributed inside the case.

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010

Lol? That is sure a nice setup. Tell me what is your monthly electricity bill...

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Actually, it's more of an "on demand" type feature.
I only run the A/C/Fan combo when I want to overclock, like when I'm gaming or running something hard core. Otherwise, the A/C/Fan/oc is off for normal stuff like web browsing.
This has the added benefit of not running a phase change cooler or water cooler any time the computer is on.

So, no, my electric bill hardly changed....

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010

But but... Why do you need phase change cooler? :( Is your computer a Nuclear Power Plant? or an Fusion Reactor Core? Don't you think that sticking a bottle of water on your GPU and CPU then attaching a fan on it would cool better?

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Lol *Update* I tried sticking a bottle of water on my CPU of my old old old 2001 computer. It worked pretty well, but the only disadvantage is that the water eventually heats up and doesn't cool well and the fan doesn't do hardly anything...

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I have a newer A/C unit. It's a AMANA ACS12H. It can dehumidify the air and clean it too, and it's relatively quiet, depending on fan speed. The box fan is usually only ran on low... The case also blocks out most of the noise. The box fan also prevents moisture buildup.

Status
Not open for further replies.