Sign in with
Your question

$700 Budget Build!

Last response: in Systems
March 22, 2012 3:20:43 PM

Hi all! I'm looking to build a new computer, as mine is 3.5 years old and starting to show signs of aging. I would like to spend no more than $700- this current system cost me $800 back in December 2008 and has been an amazing machine. I don't necessarily have a preference of CPU manufacturer or GPU manufacturer. I understand Intel to be a more stable processor, OC or not. I also understand Nvidia to be a more stable GPU (although the last 2 driver releases for the 9 series have really messed me up and caused me to rollback to a driver from October). I don't plan on OC anything, only because I don't like to run into unnecessary problems. I use my computer for one game as of right now, SW:TOR (memory hog!), music, internet, etc. I don't need the best of the best. I like stability and longevity in my systems. I will never run Crossfire or SLI. I have always used Asus boards, but I don't like the fact that they are so picky about what brands of memory they accept. Just looking for a couple options out there from anyone who has built a budget system like this recently. If this was tl;dr, here is the required format :)  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Approximate Purchase Date: Tomorrow.

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) $700.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the internet, spreadsheets.

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com - I will only use Newegg.com as a price reference. I like to shop in person and the store I shop at has great deals!

Parts Preferences: Asus/Intel/Nvidia - This is not concrete, I just don't have experience with any other MoBo/CPU/GPU manufacturer.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

Additional Comments: The only current part I plan on reusing is my chassis: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : 700 budget build

March 22, 2012 4:05:33 PM

bsullivan1983 said:
Hi all! I'm looking to build a new computer, as mine is 3.5 years old and starting to show signs of aging. I would like to spend no more than $700- this current system cost me $800 back in December 2008 and has been an amazing machine. I don't necessarily have a preference of CPU manufacturer or GPU manufacturer. I understand Intel to be a more stable processor, OC or not. I also understand Nvidia to be a more stable GPU (although the last 2 driver releases for the 9 series have really messed me up and caused me to rollback to a driver from October). I don't plan on OC anything, only because I don't like to run into unnecessary problems. I use my computer for one game as of right now, SW:TOR (memory hog!), music, internet, etc. I don't need the best of the best. I like stability and longevity in my systems. I will never run Crossfire or SLI. I have always used Asus boards, but I don't like the fact that they are so picky about what brands of memory they accept. Just looking for a couple options out there from anyone who has built a budget system like this recently. If this was tl;dr, here is the required format :)  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Approximate Purchase Date: Tomorrow.

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) $700.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the internet, spreadsheets.

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com - I will only use Newegg.com as a price reference. I like to shop in person and the store I shop at has great deals!

Parts Preferences: Asus/Intel/Nvidia - This is not concrete, I just don't have experience with any other MoBo/CPU/GPU manufacturer.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

Additional Comments: The only current part I plan on reusing is my chassis: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

CPU: Intel i5 2500k

DVD: ASUS Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DVD-E818A7T/BLK/B/GEN

HD: Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6GB/S 7200RPM 32MB Cache 3.5IN Hard Drive OEM

DDR3 RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Memory

PSU: Seasonic M12II 620W EPS12V 20/24PIN ATX Power Supply PFC 80+ Bronze Modular 6PIN PCI-E 120MM Fan

thats roughly $630.00 dollars
you could throw in there an ssd but that would go over budget.
m
l
!