Sign in with
Your question

Trouble configuring Eyefinity

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 16, 2012 8:08:43 PM

I have dell studio xps 1645 laptop with 8 gigs of ram and an ATI mobility radeon HD 5730. Using Eyefinity I want to group two BenQ hd projectors together with a 3840x1080 resolution while keeping my laptop screen as its own monitor at 1920x1080. The CCC interface is very confusing, I'm a projectionist doing 3d mapping and want to fullscreen my output to the two projectors acting as one display while having my laptop screen as the control display. Toms hardware has the best techs I've found and I hope y'all can help me out.
January 16, 2012 8:14:49 PM

3-Screen Eyefinity for a Mobility Radeon? Is that even possible? And what you mean using your laptop screen as the control display?
m
l
January 17, 2012 3:46:21 AM

eyefinity touts up to 6 screens as one display, I want my setup to have one large resolution split over two projectors and for my laptop to still have its normal screen and resolution.
m
l
Related resources
January 17, 2012 1:12:56 PM

What inputs are you using? (HDMI, Display port, etc)

When you go to the CCC what are the options that you are given? Are you using the "Advanced" view?
m
l
January 17, 2012 7:15:36 PM

You can run eyefinity with 2 monitors (projectors), but yes what connections are you using to plug your projectors into your laptop with. - i am sure what you are asking for is easy enough to do, run eyefinity with both projectors and have the laptop as an extender to them (which would then keep its own resolution and screen)
m
l
January 17, 2012 8:08:13 PM

respwn said:
You can run eyefinity with 2 monitors (projectors), but yes what connections are you using to plug your projectors into your laptop with. - i am sure what you are asking for is easy enough to do, run eyefinity with both projectors and have the laptop as an extender to them (which would then keep its own resolution and screen)

Are you sure about that? Why does the setup FAQ on the AMD website show multiple configurations using 3,4,5 or 6 displays and not 2?.
m
l
January 18, 2012 2:54:34 AM

Just select the two projectors as a SLS (single large surface) while running your laptop in extended desktop mode.

The only catch is that you can only run 2x monitors off DVI. The third, and any beyond need to be run from displayport. If your projects do not support displayport than you'll need a displayport adapter. Currently the most affordable and dependable is the DP>VGA adapter.
m
l
!