Need Help with Lag

After updating to 1.61B a couple of weeks ago I am having terrible lag
problems. I had no problems before. I play online with my brother and he is
having no problems since the update. Does anyone have a suggestion to try? I
am to the point of uninstalling and then reinstalling. I did play Lost
Village last night with little lag, but when I went to El Alamine The lag
was so bad I was running in place. I could not go anywhere! Battlefield
Vietnam works fine.Thanks for any suggestions.
Mitchell

Compaq Presario 2.5 mhz
1 gig ram
ATI Radon 9600SE video card 128 megs ram, I updated the drivers after the
lag started, no difference.
I have Cable Internet (Cox) Speed is good and reliable.

"Mitchell" <notvalid@nowhere.com> wrote in message n
> After updating to 1.61B a couple of weeks ago I am having terrible lag
> problems. I had no problems before.

Did your punkbuster client update ok?

In game, go to the console and type pb_ver to show you the client versions
for everyone on the server.

L.

Mitchell wrote:
> After updating to 1.61B a couple of weeks ago I am having terrible lag
> problems. I had no problems before. I play online with my brother and he is
> having no problems since the update. Does anyone have a suggestion to try? I
> am to the point of uninstalling and then reinstalling. I did play Lost
> Village last night with little lag, but when I went to El Alamine The lag
> was so bad I was running in place. I could not go anywhere! Battlefield
> Vietnam works fine.Thanks for any suggestions.
> Mitchell
>
> Compaq Presario 2.5 mhz

You might to update your processor. CPU in the GHz-range has become
quite affordable.

> 1 gig ram
> ATI Radon 9600SE video card 128 megs ram, I updated the drivers after the
> lag started, no difference.
> I have Cable Internet (Cox) Speed is good and reliable.

Do you disable your virus check while playing? If not, try that.

regards,

Achtung Ecco

Updating Punkbuster seems to have fixed my problem. Thanks for the help!
Mitchell

> After updating to 1.61B a couple of weeks ago I am having terrible lag
> problems. I had no problems before. I play online with my brother and he
> is having no problems since the update. Does anyone have a suggestion to
> try? I am to the point of uninstalling and then reinstalling. I did play
> Lost Village last night with little lag, but when I went to El Alamine The
> lag was so bad I was running in place. I could not go anywhere!
> Battlefield Vietnam works fine.Thanks for any suggestions.
> Mitchell
>
> Compaq Presario 2.5 mhz
> 1 gig ram
> ATI Radon 9600SE video card 128 megs ram, I updated the drivers after the
> lag started, no difference.
> I have Cable Internet (Cox) Speed is good and reliable.

TRENDING THREADS