Language Interface Pack

Hi All

Just returned from corfu whilst I was there I was asked by a friend to setup
their winxp machine with english language.

I could not find any english languages to select ..... :-s

I beleive their version of xp is Greek ... not being able to read Greek I
couldnt work it out lol .

How do I install English Language

TIA

--
McPloppy ©

{ Remove both MyShoes to email me }
{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
{ Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
{ My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }
4 answers Last reply
More about language interface pack

    You can not change the language of Windows XP.
    If your friend wants Windows XP in English your friend needs to buy
    Windows XP in English.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Mcploppy ©" <gregMYSHOEScrawfordMYSHOES@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > Just returned from corfu whilst I was there I was asked by a friend
    > to setup their winxp machine with english language.
    >
    > I could not find any english languages to select ..... :-s
    >
    > I beleive their version of xp is Greek ... not being able to read
    > Greek I couldnt work it out lol .
    >
    > How do I install English Language
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > McPloppy ©
    >
    > { Remove both MyShoes to email me }
    > { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    > { Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
    > { My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

    Thanks for that .... That's exactly what I suspected but hoped there would
    be a way round it......

    What would happen if u attemtpted a repair install using an english copy of
    XP .... would it got through with regards to product key etc ???

    Jupiter Jones [MVP] typed:
    > You can not change the language of Windows XP.
    > If your friend wants Windows XP in English your friend needs to buy
    > Windows XP in English.
    >

    > "Mcploppy ©" <gregMYSHOEScrawfordMYSHOES@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> Just returned from corfu whilst I was there I was asked by a friend
    >> to setup their winxp machine with english language.
    >>
    >> I could not find any english languages to select ..... :-s
    >>
    >> I beleive their version of xp is Greek ... not being able to read
    >> Greek I couldnt work it out lol .
    >>
    >> How do I install English Language
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> --
    >> McPloppy ©
    >>
    >> { Remove both MyShoes to email me }
    >> { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    >> { Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
    >> { My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

    --
    McPloppy ©

    { Remove both MyShoes to email me }
    { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    { Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
    { My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

    That is a similar procedure to an upgrade and you can not upgrade from
    one language to another.
    You can try, but I am pretty sure it will not work.

    --

    > Thanks for that .... That's exactly what I suspected but hoped there
    > would be a way round it......
    >
    > What would happen if u attemtpted a repair install using an english
    > copy of XP .... would it got through with regards to product key etc
    > ???
    >
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP] typed:
    >> You can not change the language of Windows XP.
    >> If your friend wants Windows XP in English your friend needs to buy
    >> Windows XP in English.
    >>

    >> "Mcploppy ©" <gregMYSHOEScrawfordMYSHOES@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >> message
    >>> Hi All
    >>>
    >>> Just returned from corfu whilst I was there I was asked by a
    >>> friend
    >>> to setup their winxp machine with english language.
    >>>
    >>> I could not find any english languages to select ..... :-s
    >>>
    >>> I beleive their version of xp is Greek ... not being able to read
    >>> Greek I couldnt work it out lol .
    >>>
    >>> How do I install English Language
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> McPloppy ©
    >>>
    >>> { Remove both MyShoes to email me }
    >>> { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    >>> { Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
    >>> { My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }
    >
    > --
    > McPloppy ©
    >
    > { Remove both MyShoes to email me }
    > { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    > { Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
    > { My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

    Thanks for that .... lol it will have to wait till May till I go back out
    You would have thought English in some form (American at least) would have
    been included. :-s

    Jupiter Jones [MVP] typed: