Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

positioning the gaming cpu

Last response: in Components
Share
July 6, 2012 10:16:04 AM

i thought of couple of places where i can keep my cpu: at the side of my monitor or at the bottom where usual business cpu's are placed ..actually i thought of keeping the cpu at the side of my monitor for better airflow due to opened area but the problem on this is i could not place my subwoofer and 2 front speakers near my monitor..any idea

More about : positioning gaming cpu

July 6, 2012 11:45:07 AM

your subwoofer does not have to be on the desk anyway, the low soundwaves will travel the distance even if you put it behind the desk. This will leave more space on your desk so that you can put your rig on the desk if you wish. If you decide to put it below the desk one suggestion I have is if your case does NOT have fans on top you can even put your subwoofer on top of that, taking clearances into account of course. Airflow is only seriously restricted if you place it in an enclosed space such as a cabinet, so on the floor is not a problem. Whatever you decide, good luck!
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
a c 175 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2012 11:59:54 AM

Your CPU should be positioned inside your motherboard socket and no where else :D 
m
0
l
Related resources
July 6, 2012 12:15:29 PM

its cabinet sorry for the misspell
m
0
l
July 6, 2012 12:17:52 PM

icathelion said:
your subwoofer does not have to be on the desk anyway, the low soundwaves will travel the distance even if you put it behind the desk. This will leave more space on your desk so that you can put your rig on the desk if you wish. If you decide to put it below the desk one suggestion I have is if your case does NOT have fans on top you can even put your subwoofer on top of that, taking clearances into account of course. Airflow is only seriously restricted if you place it in an enclosed space such as a cabinet, so on the floor is not a problem. Whatever you decide, good luck!

what about the front speakers where do i keep it if i move my rig to the side if the monitor..
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
a c 175 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2012 12:34:14 PM

I would put the cabinet below the desk. I've done it that way for years, mainly because I like the deskroom. Your subwoofer isn't very directional and thus doesn't need to be placed in any position, it does not matter if it is placed in front of you, behind you, to your left, or on the other side of a small room. The subwoofer sound will carry far.
m
0
l
July 6, 2012 3:42:20 PM

but most of the gamers used to keep their cabinets at the side ..my question is will there be enough airflow to run a card like gtx 560
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
a c 175 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2012 4:25:13 PM

vishalaestro said:
but most of the gamers used to keep their cabinets at the side ..my question is will there be enough airflow to run a card like gtx 560


Yes plenty.
m
0
l
July 7, 2012 12:28:49 PM

which will be stylish side or under
m
0
l
July 7, 2012 12:45:48 PM

if there is plenty of airflow put it under or to the side of the desk, whichever you prefer, because when the fans spin up you want the quietest option. as for the satellite speakers, those are higher frequencies and ARE directional so you want them to the side of your monitor facing you.
m
0
l
July 7, 2012 2:34:16 PM

icathelion said:
if there is plenty of airflow put it under or to the side of the desk, whichever you prefer, because when the fans spin up you want the quietest option. as for the satellite speakers, those are higher frequencies and ARE directional so you want them to the side of your monitor facing you.

u still not answering my question ..what's ur option side or down..
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
July 7, 2012 2:51:01 PM

No offense, but it doesn't matter who thinks which will be stylish.
Since YOU are the one that's gonna be seeing your PC everyday, other people's opinion on looks doesn't/shouldn't matter, your opinion should matter the most!.
Just place it somewhere, where you can access the power button, front USB ports & audio jack easily, Your fans should have some breathing space & that your case doesn't come in the way of something/someone. :) 
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
a c 82 à CPUs
July 7, 2012 2:59:39 PM

^^ +1.
@vishal: you're asking for answers on something that depends heavily on your personal preference and needs. you have the best idea about how things are placed in your room, airflow etc. just go with the way that suits you the best. trial and error is the best way. :)  since you'll be the one looking at it, no one else can judge it's stylishness.
you could set your case on the top of your desk, set two speakers on each side of the display (one will be between the case and the monitor) and set the subwoofer under the desk. you could also set your case at the bottom, make sure it's easily reachable.
there could be many other combinations.
m
0
l

Best solution

July 14, 2012 2:25:53 PM

If you have a sexy case, put it to the side! If you have just a plain box put it below. Hell save up and buy a pretty case so it can be the jewel of your desk!
Share
July 14, 2012 3:14:42 PM

Best answer selected by vishalaestro.
m
0
l
!