Am i missing something?

Serathian

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hey,

So im almost ready to buy my new pc after hours and hours of researching.

Im going to be using it for gaming mostly.

Anything in my line up i've got wrong?
I plan on Overclocking.

Core: i5 2500k

Mobo: Asus p8z68-v\gen3 or Gigabyte z68xp-ud3p? Searched everywhere couldnt find a answer.

Memory: 8gb (4gbx2) Corsair Vengeance LP CL9 1600 or Kingston Hyperx CL9 1600?

Graphics: GTX 560 (the ti version is to expensive, does AMD do a alternative to the 560ti?) plan on buying another when get money.

PSU: Tacens Valeo III 500w (Already Owned)

SSD: When i have money.

Buying a CPU cooler for when i overclock.

Monitor: BenQ 22" LED

Any help would be great. planning on buying tomorrow. my budget is 800 Euros, this comes to about 760.

Im buying from www.Pcbox.com Not the cheapest place but only round the corner from me.

Any help is awsome.

Thanks, Serathian.

obsama1

Distinguished
The 6950 is the alt. to the 560ti, but around the same price. I'd suggest the 6870 over the 560. It's slightly faster, but slightly cheaper. Unless you really need PhysX and CUDA. Also, get 4GB of RAM. For gaming, 4GB is the standard.

Serathian

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Cheers For the reply Obsama1.
That will lower the price a bit too might be able to chuck in a SSD now.
Or get a better Graphics card.

Still not sure about the Mobo if anyone could help?

EDIT: What does PhysX and CUDA add to my Games?
Im playing things like WoW and Kingdoms of Amaluar.

obsama1

Distinguished
Well, PhysX adds dust/particle effects, but few games implement it. WoW doesn't.
Here's a pic:
Cryostasis_SideBySide_H264.jpg

And CUDA? If you're using Maya, Premiere, and video editing/graphic design software, it speeds it up considerably. It doesn't add to games. AMD uses a CUDA alt. called OpenCL, which is an open standard, but gets less support.

G

If your building a gaming computer you generally want to spend more on the gpu that the cpu, not the other way around.

Serathian

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Ivan1984 I would agree if i was playing Mass effect 3 and Starcraft.
But Wow isnt a Graphics hungry game nor is KoAR. i dont have a need to pay 500Euros for a GPU that i will only use 50% of.

bruvvamoff

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2012
Make sure you get a heatsink that vents the heat to the side and out of the case, not a silly huge fan that circulates the heat onto your components. My 2 cents.

Serathian

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Was thinking th D14, just repriced it all up and saved a bit of money, would i reinvest it into a better GPU or get a SSD? thats assuming that my i5 2500k and mobo are perfectly fine?