Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can Someone Check Out This PSU - (W/ GTX 560TI)

Last response: in Components
Share
July 6, 2012 11:20:28 AM

Here it is:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCZ-OCZ600MXSP-UK-ModXStream-Po...

This is a OCZ (if you didnt look) It seems really good and is a good make and fairly good price!

But after looking all over that page i failed to spot where it says what connectors it has... I am using a GFX 560TI which requires 2 6 pin Connectors..I need to see if this PSU has it!

i saw in a review someone said it has 1 x 6 and 1 x 8 that can be seperated into a 6... But obviously being a strangers review i cant 100% trust this!

Basically if you guys know this PSU at all, OR can find the details of connectors on the amazon page can you tell me if it has the connectors that i need to work the GTX 560TI!

THANKS!

More about : check psu gtx 560ti

July 6, 2012 11:38:46 AM

http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-500w-700w-modxstream-p...

As you can see, it does have the cables you need.

Also, I have a 600w psu and a gtx 560 ti and I have more than enough power even for a second 560 ti (admittedly this would push the psu almost to its limits, something I'm not comfortable doing.)
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 6, 2012 11:46:10 AM

The ModXstreams are a decent quality PSU and the reviewer was correct about the 6+2 PCIe power connector; it can act as either a 6-pin or an 8-pin PCIe power connector. The PSU has a max of 42A available on the 12V rails. A better deal is actually the XFX Core 550W: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-xfx-pro-series-core...
It's made by Seasonic for XFX and has several advantages:
1. Two more years of warranty
2. Although it is rated as a 550W PSU it actually has more available amperage on the 12V rail: 44A.
3. It's made by Seasonic...arguably the best PSU mfr.
4. It costs 10 quid less.
It's not modular, but that's not a huge disadvantage since you'll be using the majority of the cables anyways; the rest should be easy to hide behind the mobo.
Related resources
a c 158 ) Power supply
July 6, 2012 11:48:54 AM

icathelion said:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-500w-700w-modxstream-p...

As you can see, it does have the cables you need.

Also, I have a 600w psu and a gtx 560 ti and I have more than enough power even for a second 560 ti (admittedly this would push the psu almost to its limits, something I'm not comfortable doing.)

A system running two GTX 560tis in two-way SLI mode requires a 750W PSU with at least 53A on the 12V rails and four 75W 6-pin PCIe power connectors. The OCZ ModXstream 600W does not have the required cables and is electircally insufficient to run two GTX 560ti GPUs in SLI.
July 6, 2012 12:24:22 PM

Rugger said:
The ModXstreams are a decent quality PSU and the reviewer was correct about the 6+2 PCIe power connector; it can act as either a 6-pin or an 8-pin PCIe power connector. The PSU has a max of 42A available on the 12V rails. A better deal is actually the XFX Core 550W: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-xfx-pro-series-core...
It's made by Seasonic for XFX and has several advantages:
1. Two more years of warranty
2. Although it is rated as a 550W PSU it actually has more available amperage on the 12V rail: 44A.
3. It's made by Seasonic...arguably the best PSU mfr.
4. It costs 10 quid less.
It's not modular, but that's not a huge disadvantage since you'll be using the majority of the cables anyways; the rest should be easy to hide behind the mobo.


I may look into this, however it is rated 2/3 (not the best) and not a lot of people have bought it :/ 

July 6, 2012 12:27:50 PM

icathelion said:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-500w-700w-modxstream-p...

As you can see, it does have the cables you need.

Also, I have a 600w psu and a gtx 560 ti and I have more than enough power even for a second 560 ti (admittedly this would push the psu almost to its limits, something I'm not comfortable doing.)


Wow thanks, glad to see someone with the same setup! Thanks for doing the research to!
a b ) Power supply
July 6, 2012 2:22:08 PM

Rugger said:
A system running two GTX 560tis in two-way SLI mode requires a 750W PSU with at least 53A on the 12V rails and four 75W 6-pin PCIe power connectors. The OCZ ModXstream 600W does not have the required cables and is electircally insufficient to run two GTX 560ti GPUs in SLI.

as you mentioned,a psu with more than 50 amps will run 560ti SLi system,a tx650 delivers 52 amps and runs the same setup well(with a 2500k).
July 6, 2012 3:14:53 PM

hellfire24 said:
as you mentioned,a psu with more than 50 amps will run 560ti SLi system,a tx650 delivers 52 amps and runs the same setup well(with a 2500k).


Heya hellfire, can you tell me what a SLi is (im really a newbie to hardware building), i have seen SLi mentioned a lot in various places, and i never quite know what it means :) 

Thanks, JD
a b ) Power supply
July 6, 2012 3:22:17 PM

when you connect two geforce cards to boost the performance,it's SLi.for this,you need 2 or more identical cards.for example a system with a single gtx 580 will have a single 580 but when we are talking about SLi system,it has more than 1 gpu.you can also have 3/4 way SLi.
a b ) Power supply
July 6, 2012 3:25:42 PM

jdlivegamers said:
Heya hellfire, can you tell me what a SLi is (im really a newbie to hardware building), i have seen SLi mentioned a lot in various places, and i never quite know what it means :) 

Thanks, JD


Sli is simply running 2 to 4 of same nvidia graphics cards in conjunction to boost graphics output

the Amd equivalent is Crossfire

here is a link to more info

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/245454-15-crossfire...

and for your psu

this is actually a better option

http://www.ebuyer.com/264509-ocz-zs-series-550w-80-bron...

if you look at output and power distribution the zs is a much stronger and not to mention newer psu then the modex

other options include

http://www.ebuyer.com/264380-xfx-550w-core-edition-pro-...

and

http://www.ebuyer.com/245671-antec-520w-high-current-ga...
July 6, 2012 7:32:42 PM

obsidian86 said:
Sli is simply running 2 to 4 of same nvidia graphics cards in conjunction to boost graphics output

the Amd equivalent is Crossfire

here is a link to more info

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/245454-15-crossfire...

and for your psu

this is actually a better option

http://www.ebuyer.com/264509-ocz-zs-series-550w-80-bron...

if you look at output and power distribution the zs is a much stronger and not to mention newer psu then the modex

other options include

Thanks dude i took that onboard and will order the one you gave me!

http://www.ebuyer.com/264380-xfx-550w-core-edition-pro-...

and

http://www.ebuyer.com/245671-antec-520w-high-current-ga...

!