mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
So I was wondering if going to an LGA 2011 board now is a good idea, looking for a decent amount of performance bump which I would most likely be getting with this kind of an upgrade. I was going to get another GTX 670 for SLi, but then I came across an article that says my i5 2500K would be bottlenecking 2 GTX 670s in SLi. I would also get my physics score up to where it should be, I see a pretty decent score different Graphics score is 10.7K in 3dmark 11' whereas my Physics score (CPU) is at about 8.7K. I get around a 10.1K P Score in 3dmark 11' now. Is it justifiable until the new Haswell-E (Grantley-E) to get a 2011 until late next year? http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=364797

I hear they are completely unlocked, even though not a "K" series, you just have to set the multiplier at 43x and from there just increase the bclck instead in small increments as usual to bump up more. I have a Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling system I'd use with it as well.

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011

Well I have an i5-3570k wich is only +5-10% more powerfull then an i5-2500k and on stock clock I've easely bottlenecked my 670gtx sli and now I'm on 680gtxsli and they still bottlenecked.

For gaming going i7 is a waste of $, Just get an i5-2500k or 3570k get a 30$+ CPU cooler and overclock it to 4.0-4.6GHz so easely that a 12 old kid could do it.

As for the GPU IMO the 680gtx are a total waste. Used various benchmark and the difference betwin both on stock clock was betwin 2-5%. And I,ve ran test with the EVGA superclocked 670gtx sli and the EVGA superclocked 680gtx sli.

If the 670gtx sli do not provide the performance that you seek just buy a third one since I doubt that a 680gtx sli would please you more for +200$.

P.S. I have no idea about the performance of an i7-3820 but the i5-2500k will be enough for your modern gaming even in 5760x1080p and the i5-3570k is just a little more futur proof. The i5-2500k is considered by many to be the reference $/performance CPU.

As far as I know, the 3820 is only partially unlocked. It's not a very good upgrade over the 2500k by any means. The 3930k is fully unlocked and would be good but its very situational. It's also got half again as many execution cores, two and a half times as many PCIe lanes (and third generation ones to boot) and twice as many memory channels. This all adds up to a lot of extra heat generating hardware.

There is a lot more room on the base clock due to the absence of a IGP though.

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
I have an i5 2500K now @ 4.8 GHz stable, and an ASUS GTX 670 DC II TOP, what I was thinking about doing is getting another GTX 670 to SLi for future proofing but I came upon an article and my friend said don't even do that because my cpu would be bottlenecked by two ASUS GTX 670 DCII Tops in SLi. I would be better off upgrading my CPU to like a 2011 board, quad channel memory, PCI-E 3.0 and then overclocking the 3820 to around 4.65 GHz atleast. Which wouldn't be hard to do.

"Bottlenecking" in that fashion doesn't exist, at least not in the way that most people are meant to believe. The largest constraint that the Sandybridge-2000 series processors have is that they have only 16 PCIe 2.0 lanes pulled out from the processor directly. Many motherboards offer more than this through add-in chipsets. The Sandybridge-E 3000 series processors have 40 PCIe 3.0 lanes (officially advertised as 2.0 due to a lack of testing material at release but it works fine) which is 5 times the total PCIe bandwidth directly from the CPU itself.

Even 8 PCIe links at second generation speeds is more than enough for today's top processors. The performance loss incurred from going from a 16x link to an 8x link is about 1%

2 670s will run just fine on a 2500k. However, doing this may prevent you from adding in more PCIe cards later on should you want to. Consult your motherboard manual to see which PCIe slots are attacked to the CPU and which are attached to the add-in chipset.

1) the locked processors are overclockable via turbo-boost and BLCK. Turbo boost overclocking is limited via your thermals. As an example I have my i7 2600 set at a multiplier of 42 and BLCK of 103, and I hit ~3.8GHz on heavily threaded loads, and ~4.3GHz with lightly threaded loads (both of which I am quite happy with for my rig). Just know that this clock rate is via turbo-boost which will vary wildly dependent on the type of load and your temperatures, so if you want the CPU to run at a specific frequency in spite of the load then you need a K series CPU.

2) If you are gaming with 2GPUs then there is a chance that the i5 will bottleneck the 670 a little, but it is not the CPU holding you back, it would be the duel PCIe2 8x that would provide the bottleneck. Moving to PCIe3 would be the simpler/better option... but keep in mind that there will be very little difference between them as PCIe2 8x is almost fast enough.

3) LGA 2011 is a powerful platform for processing and rendering, but not all that great for gaming. The 3820 can be beaten on game benchmarks by a 2500 or 2600, and the K series Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs can really smoke it when it comes to overclocking ability because of power use and thermals. There are however a few reasons to go with an LGA2011 platform for a gaming rig: If you are running 3-4 GPUs then LGA2011 has the bandwidth to feed them. If you are multi-tasking, or recording your game footage then the extra ram bandwidth and mobo connectivity can provide you more options. If you do other things than games that take advantage of the higher ram throughput then it is also a good option. And for all three of these you would be better served with the 6core CPU as the quad core is really not that much faster than Sandy and Ivy.

4) Ivy Bridge E will be out some time this winter/fall, and Haswell will be out in the spring which will bring a much more mature 22nm process as well as a new architecture which will bring better CPU performance. Either of these upgrades will bring a more noticeable performance increase for games because they will provide better core efficiency than SBE or IB, and that is what you need to be concerned with for gaming.

The problem you are faced with is that games (at the moment at least) only support 4 cores, and what few games do support more do not support hyperthreading which makes the entire i7 line nearly useless when it comes to game performance. There is rumor of 6-8 core consoles coming out 'soon', and even the idea that these new consoles will be x86 which would be a huge boon to PC gamers, but at that time we will be seeing Haswell E and Broadwell chips coming on the market which will be a much clearer upgrade path than moving to SBE or IB.

Again, your issue is not in CPU power, it is in connectivity throughput which is more of a motherboard issue, and even then you will not be loosing all that much potential performance by sticking with your current platform.
Personally I would throw the money at the 2nd card first, and see if it suits your needs. Then play with OCing your 2500 and see if that makes up the difference. If that refuses to cut it, then think about moving to a SBE or IB platform, but just be aware that SBE only gives ~3-7%, and IB only brings ~5-12% increase in per-core performance, and both platforms have less OC potential than SB, so it then becomes a bandwidth issue, which is barely an issue to begin with.

Lastly, don't get caught up in synthetic benchmarks as they are only numbers. Look at the game settings vs FPS, and compare that to your monitor's FPS. If you have a 60fps monitor, and you are playing games at +60fps then you simply do not need to upgrade because you will never see the difference. In fact most people cannot tell the fps difference of anything above ~40FPS (though some of us can) because we are so accustomed to watching film (24Fps) and video (30Fps/Frames per second or 60fps/fields per second). I cannot imagine your 670 having much trouble hitting 60fps on most games when paired with a 2500K, and having SLi will really push things into a level of ridiculous, so your next step is not really a new platform, it will be higher resolution and Hz display, or multiple displays.

Best of luck.

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Thanks a lot Caeden for the lengthy response and you too Pinheld. So basically the problem is not my overclocked 2500K @ 4.8GHz it is my Gigabyte Z68x UD3H-B3 motherboard being PCI-E 2.0 and it's 8x/8x in SLi. But, like you said and I've researched there is minimal different now with the performance, atleast right now. So getting another GTX 670 will be a viable option. I mean I can always sell the 2 later on in a bundle or just keep them because they are really good cards for awhile I think as well. So would that be the best option for now and in the not too distant future just upgrade to Ivy-E CPU/MB?

IvyE vs Haswell will be entirely be based upon how quickly games start taking advantage of CPUs with more than 4 cores. Games for the new consoles don't come out for quite a while yet, so as quickly as you seem to upgrade it may be HaswellE or even Skylake before games begin making proper use of a chip with more than 4 cores, so the more civilian Haswell/Broadwell chips may be the way to go instead of the bigger content-creation E-series chips... but as these chips are not out yet this is purely speculation

... and who knows... maybe by then AMD will have something good again?

ninjasushi2

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

OMG! NO NO NO NO NO!!! Don't get a 2011 for 2 reasons.

1. You're H80 wouldn't have the ability to cool down a 2011 IB for many reasons.
They heat up faster and easier, H80 does fit socket 2011 last I checked because I use one in one of my builds.
(Edit: They do fit the 2011 but I'd at least upgrade to a real WCing loop. Something small at first like a preassembled XSPC RASA 750 or something like that.)

2. What idiot told you that 2 SLI 670's are bottle necked by a 2500k! *EPIC FACEPALM!*
I have overclocked my i5-2550k to over 5 GHz. CLEARLY no bottle necking in anyway. We're talking about 2x670!!! IT'S NOT A SUPER CARD! It's not as though we're speaking of quad-sli 580s, or dual crossfire 6990s!

What is your current setup right now? There is no way in HELL that a 670 - which is a decent mid range card - could ever bottle neck one of the most power CPUs created. The i5-2500k and 2550k are the premier gaming processors! The have the speed to run any game on the market still! Most people get bottle-necked by a lack of GPU processing and not CPU core processing. Furthermore, you don't need the hyper-threading an i7 core model gives.

My advice:

1. Post your stats of your build and let us confirm where a bottleneck would take place.
2. Sell your 1 670 and buy 2 680 or 2 7970 OC'd for the money you'd waste on a 2011 chipset.

3. Most likely any bottleneck would be due to a number of reasons:
a. Not enough ram or ram is not faster enough. IE 1600 MHz+ by 2x4GHz at least.
b. lack of overclocking for extremely intense and demanding programs, (You'll need a better CPU cooler, try a real WCing loop)
c. a 670 can't max out every game, I know. My XFX 7970 double D black edition can't even run every game maxed out. (Running at 2560x1440 res) *It runs most but some like Shogun 2 Total War maxed do slow down a good pit, and BF runs around 30-45 FPS on very high resolutions as apposed to 60 FPS.*
d. It could be that your mobo is bottlenecking you due to a lack of speed from the PCI-E ports or other circuitry. (I love that word.. circuitry.)

Heed my advice. Buying a 2011 is just throwing your money away at something you don't need. When we're talking 2011 sockets/chipset we're talking server X79 computers, or doctor's computers which require power to run powerful radiology programs, etc. You're talking about gaming... i5-2550k is hands down the best gaming CPU.

Affordable (About $220) - Powerful (5 GHz+ OC) - (All you need, you don't need hyper-threading when gaming..)

Spend your money on a decent sound card like the X-Fi Titanium or the Xonar Essence and buy a bad ass pair of gaming headphones like the AKG Q701. Using CMSS or Dolby Headphone and dominate over scrubs.

Heed advice = Profit.

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Ok here is my current build:

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.8 GHz (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072)

Gigabyte z68x UD3H-B3 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128498&Tpk=gigabyte%20ud3h-b3)

8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz G.Skill Ripjawz (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428)

ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II TOP Edition (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121638)

Corsair TX 750w V2 80 Pluz Bronze Certified (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021)

Cooler Master HAF 912 Gaming Case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233)

Corsair H80 Hydro Liquid CPU Cooling (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181016)

ASUS VS248H-P Black 24" 2ms HDMI LED Gaming Monitor (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153)

ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Sound Card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020&Tpk=ASUS%20Xonar%20DG)

Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153043&Tpk=Razer%20Carcharias)

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114012)

Razer Naga (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153054)

Razer Goliathus Fragged Control Edition Mousepad (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826999069)

Need any other details let me know! I use a 19'' Dell monitor as a secondary monitor not for gaming, just for applications, etc. I also am not really interested in getting an SSD, atleast for now. I am a gamer and on a budget so I am really interested in the best I can do for the buck as well. You're saying 2 GTX 680's?? Jesus dude I feel like they are overpriced and GTX 670's are just way better all around then wasting like another 200$ for very minimal gains. If anything another 670 would be more then enough. I mean I was actually thinking of selling my GTX 670 towards the newly release MSI GTX 680 Lightning Edition, but then I saw the benchmarks and reviews and thought it'd be just a massive waste of another 200$

ninjasushi2

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
I have the monitor somewhere.

Here are my advice upgrades that would yield way better performance over all and you wouldn't waste money.

1. Upgrade your mobo to an MSI Z77A-GD65, I use it and it's a BEAST mobo for overclocking. Hell you could even go with the Rampage Extreme4 or a Saber Tooth!

2. Buy more ram but also spend money on better ram. G. Skill sucks imo.
Mushkin Blackline/Redline series or even Corsair Dominators! Really just crank the juice up on some 1800+ DD3.

3. Upgrade to a real case! NZXT Switch 810! That HAF 912 is a piece of outdated ***! Screw that. Go full ATX and the Switch 810 is hands down one of the best cases ever made. GREAT for watercooling (WC).

4. Buy a way better cool and see if you can't hit 5 GHz or even 5.1, (Don't forget to full blend test it).

5. 670 is great but not the greatest. Quad-Sli 580 is still one of the best GPU setups ever made.

6. SSD!!!! 120GB Mushkin Chronos Enhanced. It's about 90 bucks now and has the highest benchmarks around.

Get rid of the headset *Vomit* Headsets have shitty ass drivers and give poor sound stage for gaming. BUT! If you really want a headset then the Sennhesier PC360 is hands down the best ever made.

You say waste on benchmarks but over all when SLI'd they would score better. I use 7970s which dominate any game out there hands down. Also for Nvidia - EVGA or GTFO... Radeon - MSI - XFX or GTFO. Anything else is blowing money away.

Look up their life time warranties..

Also scrub the Razor gear. Razor is like Turtle Beach for the PC world.

Mouse: (SS) SteelSeries Sensei
Keyboard: Mionix Zibal 60 with Black Cherry MX Switches (Mechanical or GTFO)
Surfaces: Razor does have good surfaces but SS is has the best IMO.

Monitor: Yamakasi Q270 S-IPS 27". It's about $340 on Ebay but is a true S-IPS from Korea with a 5ms refresh rate! (60Hz but so is most TNs, etc.)

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Lol all of those would gain marginal gains man honestly. A Z77 motherboard wouldn't last me that long with the new Haswells on the way in next year and it's a new architecture. So thus getting a new motherboard like that now would kind of be like throwing money out the window for a few more megahertz.

The Ripjawz memory I have performs great and I have tested in some synthetic tests and actually not too bad at all.

A real case? Lmao the HAF series are great gaming cases and I have room 2 SLi 2 680's in this thing right now man, no problems, I have like 3-4 fans in it and everything.

A way better cool? What are you talking about, the H80 is a realllly great CPU cooler, does the job when gaming and I never hit over 60c really at all.

Lmao you're talking about quad-Sli and ***, that's wayyy more expensive then dual 670's with minimal gains and much more power. Waste.

I just said I am not interested in an SSD, please read my messages before posting.

The headset is on it's way out anyway, I am not impressed with it in the slightest and was actually going to get one of those new Corsair Vengeance 1500's I was thinking. I don't need threatre quality in my headphones, which is why a Sennheiser, although very nice as I know, pretty much don't need.

You have 7970's, right there I can see why you say some of the things you say 7970's even the GHz edition and Toxics with 6GB GDDR5 coming out can't compete with a 670 or 680. I had an XFX HD 6870 before this and I know how the warranties work dude. lmao, they actually are not double lifetime anymore..

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
You're giving me all this super priced crap that I don't need man, I am not looking to alienify my *** like that, the monitor that I have is reallly need actually lol. I really do like the razer gaming peripherals man to be honest not any problems. Only thing is that on my keyboard since its a glossy matte fingerprints can be quite annoying, about it. I love the mechanical keys!

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
What I would take into consideration would be to sell my GTX 670 towards like an MSI GTX 680 Lightning, but I even think that would be a waste of like 200$ extra. Upgrading to a Z77 and like a new cpu man I don't think it'd be worth it especially with the Ivy Bridge OC problems.

ninjasushi2

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah.. I never stated get a garbage IB, I think IB are crap until they fix all their over heating problems. You also speak about throwing money away but you want to rush out and get a whole new platform for a 2011 then turn around and get Haswells... *facepalm*. You talk about wanting more speed but you won't even get an SSD for the games you play. I've notice if a game has a lot of rending the SSD out preforms my HDD due to virtual memory and paging files, etc.

I don't under stand why you would run out and get a 2011 with some pumped out CPU then turn around and get Haswell (GPU Socket Size?.... 1150....) It doesn't make sense. You are already using what? an LGA 1155? Why then turn around and buy a 2011 and THEN buy a 1150?

Then you speak of marginal gains and disadvantages. Who's benchmarks are you reading? http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/ They use PassMark and are very good but I have one beef with them. They don't becnhmark using SLI or Crossfire which dramatically changes the results. Also they don't OVERCLOCK! If you are going to read benchmarks and compare apples to oranges then at least look for the OC'd benchmarks. Yes the 670 out of the box benchmarks further than the 7970, but!, the 7970 OC's further and better than the 670 by far and E speaking, the 7970 and 680 are on par with each other. Mind you the 680 came out way after the 7970 was out.

Now you call my idea super priced crap and a waste of money yet you argue nothing. MSI Lightning cards are good, very good, but I have heard problems with them OC'ing. I know the Lightning 7970 out of the box beats my XFX 7970 but my XFX can OC better than the MSI lightning versions.

Yes your monitor is good but I was offering you an S-IPS!!! Do you know what that means? Super-In Plane Switching. It means the colors and everything else look gorgeous whilst at the same time you get a 5ms refresh rate which is plenty for BF3 even at 2560x1440.

Yeah uh razor is doodoo except for their surfaces. If you really want to waste your money on that Corsair piece of *** then go ahead. Headset companies yield shitty drivers and use fake gimmicks to lure idiots into buy a crappy product. "7.1 headset" What a joke. Get yourself that Xonar Essence or X-Fi Titanium, a decent headphone amp, and if you want a headset with great position the Sennheiser PC360 is the best hands down. Use dolby headphone for imitated 5.1 and you can thank me later.
Or if you are smart you'd buy a part of AD700s by AudioTechnica and stop wasting my time arguing garbage.

Ask anyone here. AD700 are the best headphones for around 100 bucks. Need a mic!? Ant Lion Mod Mic, look it up. Want to play on xbox!? Astro Mix Amp Pro, look it up.
Want one of the best gaming headphones ever made? AKG Q701, good for music, movies, and best of all ... competitive gaming. Look it up.

I don't care what you do with your money because it's your money to blow, I just want to guide you unto a path of happiness with top tier quality gaming tools.

Mod Mic
http://www.modmic.com/

Q701 cheap as *** today, or get the K702
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=akg+q701&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=7979012509&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8103657001790150310&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_79yjopc6ft_e

Objective 2 Amp, it's not warm but it'll power these babies plenty good and is a good beginner amp.
http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=O2Full

Zibal 60 - A REAL mans keyboard
http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=zibal60

Fully Programmable Mouse - 5700 CPI and 11400 DCPI
http://steelseries.com/products/mice/steelseries-sensei

120 GB SSD - Oh look, it dropped 20-30 bucks. Mushkin has the highest "benchmarked" SSD. If you want to go off about benchmarking.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226236

XSPC Rasa 750 RX240 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit w/ RX240 Radiator and Free Kill Coil!
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14182/ex-wat-181/XSPC_Rasa_750_RX240_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_RX240_Radiator_and_Free_Kill_Coil.html

That's a real WC loop. Not those shitty Corsair closed loop shits.

NZXT Switch 810 Case - TimeToLiveCustoms. This British guy knows his *** and personally works with Mayhems, (Some of you know who mayhems is.. lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHjJ8sPe_8

It is one of the best cases ever made.

I can give you more advice but if you wish you waste your money, please go ahead. Yeah I am being an a$$ and I don't really care. You tried to call me out on toms about stuff you don't know what you're talking about. I am just here to help. I've already made my 3 grand God machine and it is a BEAST. If you wish you progress towards a god machine then you can listen to what everyone is saying and stop arguing. If you think you are right then feel free to waste your money on what your "buddy" told you.

Good Luck!

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Ok I will take your advice man I believe you, for now I am not worried about peripherals as much as the nuts and bolts of the computer, also I don't want to upgrade my case right now, or get an SDD right now. So what do you recommend for $800 and my system right now. What can I do? That budget is without selling my GTX 670 that I have in my system right now. So you can take that into consideration as well. I'm not a big sound guy either, I just want better than onboard really, good decent sound, doesn't need to be professional. And to be honest, I am really liking the Corsair H80 man so far, it's actually pretty good man.

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
I am saying if I were to get an LGA 2011 Sandy-E 3820, I probably wouldn't want to get a Haswell because they are better performing and everything then the Haswells will be. http://www.pcper.com/news/Processors/Intel-Haswell-Processors-Launch-First-Half-2013 although I am curious about the Ivy-E processors. But I have a Microcenter near me and check out the price for a 3820.

Intel Core i7 3820 LGA 2011 Boxed Processor
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0383144

really good price..

That is an extremely good price for a 3820, I had no idea they were so cheap and the extra cache will be handy. You should be careful about the motherboard though, there are a couple of lemons. I would go with an Asus P9X79 series if you do decide to go that route.

ninjasushi2

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

X79 is a good platform no doubt but the Haswell's (spell check) Are gpuC, or GPUP. Graphics Processing Unit Computers/Processors, however you look at it.

No and I mean NONE, CPU will ever meet the power of a GPU.

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/04/02/haswells-gpu-prowess-is-due-to-crystalwell/
http://semiaccurate.com/2012/02/08/haswell-is-a-graphics-monster/

Here is a video between CPU and GPU comparison if you have never seen it. It's about as simple and basic of a description you could ever give yet it's so spot on.

Myth Buster's NVidia GPU vs. CPU. (Brilliant)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0udMBdo0Rac

As for upgrade's I'll think about it, but without saying more ram, a SLI config, or an SSD, then it's getting very slim pickins on what to offer you without changing your build completely.

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
I'm saying I'm open to SLi configs and more ram. Just not SSD or really peripherals for right now, I like my Razer stuff plus I have warranties on them for another year. I will let go of my Razer Carcharias Headset soon and the Xonar DG 5.1 probably. But for now, I am concerned with CPU, GPU and Ram. I would even sell my ASUS GTX 670 DC II TOP if a good configuration can be put together for a good price and it made sense.

ninjasushi2

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Ram I'd upgrade to like 2133'ish Corsair Dominator. That is some of the best ram hands down.

Your CPU is amazing, NN a change there.

I'd upgrade to a mobo that could support PCI-E 3.0 and a bigger case considering you'll want duel SLI-680's one day. To mention that they won't be under water will require some heavy duty case air flow and a bigger case.

Hence why I recommend the Switch 810 Full ATX and at least 2 Akasa Vipers for your H80 rad. The Akasa have 3.12mm H2O Static Pressure!!! Not to mention 110 CFM which would dominate any case's air flow needs.

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
The case I have now has pretty good airflow dude and I have Air Conditioning in my room and a bunch of case fans in my case. I really don't want to get into getting another case right now. I can fit two 670s or 680s in my case right now without a problem and good airflow. So for now memory, cpu, gpu(s) are what I'm looking at getting.