Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Ok, this game impresses me. I had purchased the first Splinter Cell for I
was on the Xbox team at the time and had watched with awe at the graphics.
Overall I thought it was an ok game but never finished for there were better
games out at the time. I was not caught up by the game for again, felt it
was cool and all but nothing to draw me in for long time periods.
SO, now SC:CT is released. I see all the reviews love it. It gets unreal
scores and is said to be a visual masterpiece. So, being the gamer I
am....I buy it. WOw, I am soooo glad I did. This game is so fun and looks
amazing. The best thing I can say about the game is, no matter how many
times I die or how stupidly I do something and need to restart, I am never
angry. You know when you are playing a game and you have to keep doing a
level over and over again. You get so mad that you never play the game
again out of pure frustration? Never have that here. I want to do it again
to do it better.
SO, I am not going to talk in depth here for I do not want to give anything
away. I will also say that I am only on mission 2 but I want to redo mision
1 all over again. I only got a 33% upon completion. I was spotted 6 times
and killed everyone. Guess my stealth needs to get a little better...lol.

So, buy this game. It is worth every penny :)

-Mark
My Game Collection: http://Users.ign.com/collection/MarkMc30
18 answers Last reply
More about splinter cell chaos theory

    Ditto on everything you said. When I first played it I thought it was going
    to be too difficult to pass the levels with only 30 bullets on the hand gun
    and 60 on the machine gun. I thought i would find more ammo but I came to
    find out that it can be done without extra ammo.

    I'm on the 4th level and I like that I'm finding new uses for all the
    gadgets, like the red light on the hand gun, it has come in handy many
    times.

    What do you do after you interrogate the guy using the
    power tool in the utility cabin on the 2nd level....
    He says something about a pump to drain the water...
    Im lost

    "Rene Garcia" <rene1971@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Ditto on everything you said. When I first played it I thought it was
    > going
    > to be too difficult to pass the levels with only 30 bullets on the hand
    > gun
    > and 60 on the machine gun. I thought i would find more ammo but I came to
    > find out that it can be done without extra ammo.
    >
    > I'm on the 4th level and I like that I'm finding new uses for all the
    > gadgets, like the red light on the hand gun, it has come in handy many
    > times.

    Not there yet but will play more tonight and see if I can help. My kids
    keep getting in the way of game time...lol
    Know once they get older.....;)

    "robin" <robinconnolly@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What do you do after you interrogate the guy using the
    > power tool in the utility cabin on the 2nd level....
    > He says something about a pump to drain the water...
    > Im lost
    >

    > "Rene Garcia" <rene1971@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Ditto on everything you said. When I first played it I thought it was
    > > going
    > > to be too difficult to pass the levels with only 30 bullets on the hand
    > > gun
    > > and 60 on the machine gun. I thought i would find more ammo but I came
    > > find out that it can be done without extra ammo.
    > >
    > > I'm on the 4th level and I like that I'm finding new uses for all the
    > > gadgets, like the red light on the hand gun, it has come in handy many
    > > times.

    "robin" <robinconnolly@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What do you do after you interrogate the guy using the
    > power tool in the utility cabin on the 2nd level....
    > He says something about a pump to drain the water...
    > Im lost

    If I remember right, you go into a vent that is to your left. Follow the
    vent and you will come to a room where the pumps are at. There are 2 baddies
    to take care of and then you turn the pumps on. This will allow you to go
    into the room that was flooding.

    robin wrote:

    > What do you do after you interrogate the guy using the
    > power tool in the utility cabin on the 2nd level....
    > He says something about a pump to drain the water...
    > Im lost

    I got stuck there too til I checked the map and saw there was some kind of
    narrow passage between that room and another area. Went back and sure enough
    there's a vent you can crawl into.

    Once you get the hang of using the map (it's a little confusing at first)
    you'll hardly ever get stuck or lost.

    -Z-

    "Mark McNulty" <MarkMcNulty@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Ok, this game impresses me. I had purchased the first Splinter Cell for I
    > was on the Xbox team at the time and had watched with awe at the graphics.
    > Overall I thought it was an ok game but never finished for there were
    > better
    > games out at the time. I was not caught up by the game for again, felt it
    > was cool and all but nothing to draw me in for long time periods.
    > SO, now SC:CT is released. I see all the reviews love it. It gets unreal
    > scores and is said to be a visual masterpiece. So, being the gamer I
    > am....I buy it. WOw, I am soooo glad I did. This game is so fun and
    > looks
    > amazing. The best thing I can say about the game is, no matter how many
    > times I die or how stupidly I do something and need to restart, I am never
    > angry. You know when you are playing a game and you have to keep doing a
    > level over and over again. You get so mad that you never play the game
    > again out of pure frustration? Never have that here. I want to do it
    > again
    > to do it better.
    > SO, I am not going to talk in depth here for I do not want to give
    > anything
    > away. I will also say that I am only on mission 2 but I want to redo
    > mision
    > 1 all over again. I only got a 33% upon completion. I was spotted 6
    > times
    > and killed everyone. Guess my stealth needs to get a little better...lol.

    I hate dieing in games over and over, its the height of frustration. But for
    some reason being killed over and over in the Splinter Cell games never
    bothered me. Pandora Tomorrow was alot easier and did not die alot in that
    game.
    Chaos Theory is a visual beauty. I am having a few problems with the
    camera, sometimes it gets too close up to Sam, but graphically to look at it
    is amazing eye candy. The level of detail is amazing. Trouble is, its
    games like this that turns people into graphics whores.

    Yes I can see why this could cause people to demand awesome graphics and
    then base a game's worth on it but, it is also games like this that show
    you, if used correctly, graphics can really enhance an already great game.
    SC:CT is a real example of how presentation should be done. That is more
    important than just how the game "looks". I mean, the graphics are great
    but it is the atmosphere that they help create that is indeed awesome. If
    more games concentrated on immersing me into their world rather than trying
    to wow me with graphic features, I would be writing more posts about how
    great games are :)

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    > "Mark McNulty" <MarkMcNulty@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Ok, this game impresses me. I had purchased the first Splinter Cell for
    > > was on the Xbox team at the time and had watched with awe at the
    graphics.
    > > Overall I thought it was an ok game but never finished for there were
    > > better
    > > games out at the time. I was not caught up by the game for again, felt
    it
    > > was cool and all but nothing to draw me in for long time periods.
    > > SO, now SC:CT is released. I see all the reviews love it. It gets
    unreal
    > > scores and is said to be a visual masterpiece. So, being the gamer I
    > > am....I buy it. WOw, I am soooo glad I did. This game is so fun and
    > > looks
    > > amazing. The best thing I can say about the game is, no matter how many
    > > times I die or how stupidly I do something and need to restart, I am
    never
    > > angry. You know when you are playing a game and you have to keep doing
    > > level over and over again. You get so mad that you never play the game
    > > again out of pure frustration? Never have that here. I want to do it
    > > again
    > > to do it better.
    > > SO, I am not going to talk in depth here for I do not want to give
    > > anything
    > > away. I will also say that I am only on mission 2 but I want to redo
    > > mision
    > > 1 all over again. I only got a 33% upon completion. I was spotted 6
    > > times
    > > and killed everyone. Guess my stealth needs to get a little
    better...lol.

    > I hate dieing in games over and over, its the height of frustration. But
    for
    > some reason being killed over and over in the Splinter Cell games never
    > bothered me. Pandora Tomorrow was alot easier and did not die alot in
    that
    > game.
    > Chaos Theory is a visual beauty. I am having a few problems with the
    > camera, sometimes it gets too close up to Sam, but graphically to look at
    it
    > is amazing eye candy. The level of detail is amazing. Trouble is, its
    > games like this that turns people into graphics whores.

    "Rene Garcia" <rene1971@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Ditto on everything you said. When I first played it I thought it was
    > going
    > to be too difficult to pass the levels with only 30 bullets on the hand
    > gun
    > and 60 on the machine gun. I thought i would find more ammo but I came to
    > find out that it can be done without extra ammo.
    >
    > I'm on the 4th level and I like that I'm finding new uses for all the
    > gadgets, like the red light on the hand gun, it has come in handy many
    > times.

    Have you managed to work out the hacking? I do not understand how to do it
    and I feel it is blocking my progress.

    > Have you managed to work out the hacking? I do not understand how to do
    it
    > and I feel it is blocking my progress.

    It's actually rather simple, although my explanation might not be, but here
    goes.

    On the left is a series of numbers of which you will eventually choose one.

    On the bottom right is another display with numbers that light on and off.
    Keep an eye on those numbers, and remember which ones light up. Some show up
    on the screen but don't light up so you don't have to remember those. They
    also don't light up in the same order as the list on the left, so sometimes
    the middle number will light of first or the last number.

    Once you have the numbers look them up from the list on the left and choose
    that series of numbers.

    Hope I didn't confuse you, tell me if this helps.

    >> Have you managed to work out the hacking? I do not understand how to do
    > it
    >> and I feel it is blocking my progress.
    >
    > It's actually rather simple, although my explanation might not be, but
    > here
    > goes.
    >
    > On the left is a series of numbers of which you will eventually choose
    > one.
    >
    > On the bottom right is another display with numbers that light on and off.
    > Keep an eye on those numbers, and remember which ones light up. Some show
    > up
    > on the screen but don't light up so you don't have to remember those. They
    > also don't light up in the same order as the list on the left, so
    > sometimes
    > the middle number will light of first or the last number.
    >
    > Once you have the numbers look them up from the list on the left and
    > choose
    > that series of numbers.
    >
    > Hope I didn't confuse you, tell me if this helps.

    Thanks alot for your help, things are alot clearer :-)

    I had the same feeling with the first splinter cell. Cant wait to get Chaos
    Tomorrow.

    "cunning linguist" <cunninglinguist@cl.com> wrote in message
    >I had the same feeling with the first splinter cell. Cant wait to get
    >Chaos
    > Tomorrow.

    That's "Chaos Theory", not "Tomorrow". The "T" in SC:CT stands for
    "Theory", not "Tomorrow".

    =8-)

    "A Man, Just Like Other Men" <Nada2Spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "cunning linguist" <cunninglinguist@cl.com> wrote in message
    >>I had the same feeling with the first splinter cell. Cant wait to get
    >>Chaos
    >> Tomorrow.
    >

    > That's "Chaos Theory", not "Tomorrow". The "T" in SC:CT stands for
    > "Theory", not "Tomorrow".
    >

    > =8-)

    Don't you think he meant he was going to get the game Tomorrow?

    >Ok, this game impresses me.

    Great game! I like that you can save at any time (instead of making
    it to checkpoints), even though I know it will shorten the game,
    because you don't have to keep repeating sections.

    I also like that you can temporarily disable lights and cameras
    without the noise of shooting them.

    <Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com> wrote in message

    >>Ok, this game impresses me.
    >
    > Great game! I like that you can save at any time (instead of making
    > it to checkpoints), even though I know it will shorten the game,
    > because you don't have to keep repeating sections.
    >
    > I also like that you can temporarily disable lights and cameras
    > without the noise of shooting them.

    The only real thing that bothers me in this game is that it seems alot
    darker than the other two. Its all very well having lovely graphics, but at
    least give us a chance to see them. Having to use nightvision for alot of
    the game takes away the joy of the eye candy.

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > "A Man, Just Like Other Men" <Nada2Spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "cunning linguist" <cunninglinguist@cl.com> wrote in message
    >>>I had the same feeling with the first splinter cell. Cant wait to get
    >>>Chaos
    >>> Tomorrow.

    >> That's "Chaos Theory", not "Tomorrow". The "T" in SC:CT stands for
    >> "Theory", not "Tomorrow".
    >>

    >> =8-)

    > Don't you think he meant he was going to get the game Tomorrow?

    Yes. I was joking. That was what the smiley was trying to show. I was
    playing the dumb certain-hair-colored gamer card.

    :)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >
    >> "A Man, Just Like Other Men" <Nada2Spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> "cunning linguist" <cunninglinguist@cl.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>> That's "Chaos Theory", not "Tomorrow". The "T" in SC:CT stands for
    >>> "Theory", not "Tomorrow".
    >>>

    >>> =8-)
    >
    >> Don't you think he meant he was going to get the game Tomorrow?
    >

    > Yes. I was joking. That was what the smiley was trying to show. I was
    > playing the dumb certain-hair-colored gamer card.
    >
    > :)

    Oh. You smiley looked kind of weird so I didn't get it.

    > "Rene Garcia" <rene1971@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Ditto on everything you said. When I first played it I
    >> thought it was going
    >> to be too difficult to pass the levels with only 30
    >> bullets on the hand gun
    >> and 60 on the machine gun. I thought i would find more
    >> ammo but I came to
    >> find out that it can be done without extra ammo.
    >>
    >> I'm on the 4th level and I like that I'm finding new uses
    >> for all the
    >> gadgets, like the red light on the hand gun, it has come
    >> in handy many
    >> times.
    >
    > Have you managed to work out the hacking? I do not
    > understand how to do it and I feel it is blocking my
    > progress.

    On the right hand number display, correct numbers will
    occasionally highlight. Enough of them should highlight to
    let you know which one is the correct code in the left
    column. If you don't figure it out before time runs out,
    hit the B button to back out and try again, but it will be a
    different code the next time.

Console Gaming Games Xbox Video Games