auto hibernation after scheduled job doesn't work!

I have scheduled a local backup job on my laptop (HP NX5000) every day
at 20.15 and it works fine; after the end of working day I put it in
suspend (or hibernation, call as you wish) mode and it works fine.

At 20.15 I can see the PC that auto-wakes up and does the backup (even
if I see only password box request, the backup goes). The problem is
that after the usual idle time the PC does NOT go back to suspend mode
and it drains my battery.

Consider that the manual suspend mode works fine; I can enter into
hibernation and wake up the PC anytime.

Regards
Roberto
4 answers Last reply
More about auto hibernation scheduled doesn work

    Hi Roberto,

    Check you power options at control panel > performance and maintenance > power options. Under power scheme, you can set
    the machine to hibernate/suspend after a specific interval of inactivity.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Roberto Banfi" <roberto.banfi@email.it> wrote in message news:2041510c.0410132347.c5be822@posting.google.com...
    >I have scheduled a local backup job on my laptop (HP NX5000) every day
    > at 20.15 and it works fine; after the end of working day I put it in
    > suspend (or hibernation, call as you wish) mode and it works fine.
    >
    > At 20.15 I can see the PC that auto-wakes up and does the backup (even
    > if I see only password box request, the backup goes). The problem is
    > that after the usual idle time the PC does NOT go back to suspend mode
    > and it drains my battery.
    >
    > Consider that the manual suspend mode works fine; I can enter into
    > hibernation and wake up the PC anytime.
    >
    > Regards
    > Roberto

    That was already done... I have these settings:

    with battery supply: 3 minutes for monitor switch-off, 5 minutes for
    hard disk deactivating, never for stand-by and 25 minutes for
    suspend/hibernation.

    When I pick up my laptop after 1 hour (for example) from the backup,
    so in a secure time after the hibernation start, I find the pc
    switched on and simply opening the monitor there's the logon request.

    Roberto

    Hi,

    Note that there are different fields for Suspend and Hibernation. Make sure that you put the desired time in the
    hibernation field so that the machine can hibernate.

    Also, try to put the "switch off hard disk" to 'never' and try. Sometimes this solves the problem. Try not to have the
    same timing for more than one events.

    --

    "Roberto Banfi" <roberto.banfi@email.it> wrote in message news:2041510c.0410150117.1ab52191@posting.google.com...
    > That was already done... I have these settings:
    >
    > with battery supply: 3 minutes for monitor switch-off, 5 minutes for
    > hard disk deactivating, never for stand-by and 25 minutes for
    > suspend/hibernation.
    >
    > When I pick up my laptop after 1 hour (for example) from the backup,
    > so in a secure time after the hibernation start, I find the pc
    > switched on and simply opening the monitor there's the logon request.
    >
    > Roberto

    ok I performed several tests... the configuration of the
    auto-hibernation works fine...after 20 mins I saw my pc enter
    hibernation automatically so it's ok.
    However the auto-hibernation after backup job still continue not to
    work; the only different things are:

    1) the monitor closed up
    2) the backup job that wakes the pc runs in the background and does
    not (obviously) insert the password to unlock the pc

Configuration Hibernation Backup Customization Windows XP