CPU running at 100%

tomjones1995

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2012
Hi Im running my custom built pc with an AMD Athlon ii 64 X2 processor with Windows 7 home premium but It seems to be rather weak most of the time hitting 100% so my question is how can I decrease the stress on my cpu? thankyou

tomjones1995

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2012
Hi Guys thanks for replying To answer your question serenatous it is not idle exactly because im running about 5-6 applications in my tray mcafee,speech recogntion etc, and maxinexus yes it is am2+ , I was thinking about buying amd fx6100 but I didnt know my motherboard wasnt compatible

so you should work on fine tuning you pc, with just an amd dual core you need to limit the amount of crap running on the pc.

step 1 = uninstall software * remove tool bars and other crapware that comew with java and adobe updates

step 2 = limit the amount of programs that startup automaticly when the pc is turned on
click start > type msconfig and hit enter > click on startup uncheck programs you dont need at start up .

step 3 = scan for viruses and other malware
(update your mcafee because an av is only as good as its definitions) download malwabytes - update it - run a scan then unistall http://www.malwarebytes.org/
you only want one av at a time.

tomjones1995

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2012
I dont have any toolbars because i dont use them and like you said they slow your pc down but i guess i could reduce the amount of programs that run at start up. Thanks to all of you for your help, I appreciate it.